Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics of my new wheel and tire package. No rubbing, rides much smoother than the stock setup and comes in weighing almost 2# less per wheel/tire combo. I've had the Forteras previously and feel they've always been somewhat underrated. Being an SL tire, they ride nice and handle the elements well at a fraction the cost of my other two candidates, the Michelin Defender and Continental LX25. Here are some specs:

RIMS:
Brand: Touren
Model: TR75
Part #: 3275-2912MB35
Color: Matte Black
Diameter: 20"
Width: 9"
Offset: 35

TIRES:
Brand: Goodyear
Model: Fortera HL
Load/Speed: 107T
Size: 265/50/20

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2227 (1).jpeg

IMG_2225.jpeg

·
Registered
White Diamond Pearl ****2019 Touring****
250 Posts
VERY nice (y)(y) Like the taller sidewalls, too. Bet that contributes to your smoother ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,453 Posts
They do look great, my question is why you stayed with 20" rather than going with an 18" to get much wider side walls?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look great, my question is why you stayed with 20" rather than going with an 18" to get much wider side walls?
I had the hardest time with that decision. For me, if I was going to go 18", it would be with A/T tires to complete that look. But A/T tires kind of defeat the purpose of trying for a better ride. In the end, the price of my setup was well within my budget and since I never go off road and prefer a smooth ride and handling, this fit the bill.

At some point, I'd love to test drive a Passport with aggressive offset 18's on oversized highway tires, like the Defenders. That would probably be the way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's some pics of my new wheel and tire package. No rubbing, rides much smoother than the stock setup and comes in weighing almost 2# less per wheel/tire combo. I've had the Forteras previously and feel they've always been somewhat underrated. Being an SL tire, they ride nice and handle the elements well at a fraction the cost of my other two candidates, the Michelin Defender and Continental LX25. Here are some specs:

RIMS:

TIRES:

View attachment 5545

View attachment 5548

View attachment 5547
Hi thanks for sharing...I was wondering if you had to do anything special to get the TPMS to recognize the new wheels...I'm assuming you put new sensors in as well? I put new wheels/snow tires/sensors through Tire Rack and my passport would not link/recognize. The dealer said they needed to reprogram the sensors for $80 and that when I put the summer tires back on again they would need to reprogram again. The cost for me defeated the purpose of buying a set of wheels so that I could change them on my own time at no cost. Any input would be appreciated! They look great!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi thanks for sharing...I was wondering if you had to do anything special to get the TPMS to recognize the new wheels...I'm assuming you put new sensors in as well? I put new wheels/snow tires/sensors through Tire Rack and my passport would not link/recognize. The dealer said they needed to reprogram the sensors for $80 and that when I put the summer tires back on again they would need to reprogram again. The cost for me defeated the purpose of buying a set of wheels so that I could change them on my own time at no cost. Any input would be appreciated! They look great!
Ouch, sorry to hear that but unfortunately, I used my original TPMS sensors. TireRack is a pretty great company though. I'm sure they'll either credit you or provide you with a recommended installer that can take care of the situation.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I put new wheels/snow tires/sensors through Tire Rack and my passport would not link/recognize. The dealer said they needed to reprogram the sensors for $80 and that when I put the summer tires back on again they would need to reprogram again.
If Tire Rack supplied the correct sensors, the Passport should recognize the new sensors after driving for a short distance. There is no need to reprogram the car's computer as with Honda's old TPMS system. Just swap wheels with sensors and drive. At worst case, the new sensors may need to be activated which may be what the dealer means and associated cost?

You can manually activate the sensors by... 1) determine your vehicles recommended pressure on the driver's side door frame, 2) over-inflating by 10psi, 3) under-inflating by 10psi, 4) adjust to final pressure. Let us know how that goes for you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
122 Posts

RIMS:

TIRES:

View attachment 5545

View attachment 5548

View attachment 5547
Do you have more pics? I plan on going with 265/60/R18's. Will they rub?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can anyone help with what the OE specs are as far as the rim goes?
The Touring and Elite rims might be different from the EX-L and Sport, the rubber is definitely different.
The Touring rims are 8.5" x 20" x 55mm offset.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have more pics? I plan on going with 265/60/R18's. Will they rub?
Mine being 20's makes it so that I can't comment on that question with any real certainty. But others have been successful so maybe reach out elsewhere on the forum?

·
Registered
122 Posts

RIMS:

TIRES:

View attachment 5545

View attachment 5548

View attachment 5547
How did you add the Honda caps? Or where did you find them??

·
Registered
122 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts