Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
It took me twenty years to stop looking at my keyboard when I type. I wonder if I’ll ever be able to use the push button shifter without looking at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a button transmission hater, too. I thought I'd get used to it, but nope. Despite the button design differences, I'm always looking down to find the damn button. If you have to use buttons, do it like Chrysler did in the 50s, the buttons are on the dash and you don't have to look down so far. Still would hate them. Give me a shift stick. It has positive feel. You only really use 3 positions - Park, Reverse, and Drive. Neutral (car wash only) and stuff below Drive have limited value and aren't used 99.9999% of the time. I may even get rid of my PP soon because of the buttons. Can't decide. I think I rushed into the PP decision too quick. It's really just a so-so car.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
I'd go ahead and dump it PhilC, I mean, if you have not learned to love the buttons after what(?) 30 days of ownership, I mean why not, you should really get something that makes YOU happy to drive. And coming on here to complain can't be too fun for you either.

After 18 months of ownership, I'm still loving my PP and I know a large number of people her feel the same way, but do be sure to come back and tell us what you end up getting, cause inquiring minds what to know!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts