Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my Passport in February, I decided to skip purchasing Honda Care because of all of my previous Honda's were very reliable.

Well, I have been reading this forum along with the Pilot and CRV forums and found so many problems several of which crossed between models including the Passport. I decided that just one out of warranty CPU problem would probably pay for the policy.

The bottom line is I no longer trust Honda's "quality" even though I have three Honda's in the driveway.

Reactions: ProdGirl

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
When I purchased my Passport in February, I decided to skip purchasing Honda Care because of all of my previous Honda's were very reliable.

Well, I have been reading this forum along with the Pilot and CRV forums and found so many problems several of which crossed between models including the Passport. I decided that just one out of warranty CPU problem would probably pay for the policy.

The bottom line is I no longer trust Honda's "quality" even though I have three Honda's in the driveway.
I am on Honda #5, never had anything major happen, three of them I had for 159k+ miles. And I also bought the extended warranty, and they gave me one extra year free. There are way too many electronic components, and with it being a new build, it wasn't worth the loss of $2500 for the warranty.

·
Registered
82 Posts

What are the terms of your warranty? Elsewhere I've seen it advertised as 7years / 100K miles for $850. Asking because I'm getting cold feet as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am on Honda #5, never had anything major happen, three of them I had for 159k+ miles. And I also bought the extended warranty, and they gave me one extra year free. There are way too many electronic components, and with it being a new build, it wasn't worth the loss of $2500 for the warranty.
I/
What are the terms of your warranty? Elsewhere I've seen it advertised as 7years / 100K miles for $850.
I have the same deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts