Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the best way to remove sticker residue from the paint on the liftgate where the Instuction sticker was applied? Obviously I don't want to damage the paint or change its luster in any way.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I took that sticker off at the dealership while I was waiting to do the paperwork. I'm surprised they put it on the car.

·
Registered
372 Posts
WD40

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used Goo Gone. It took a while to get it all off. A ring of residue along the edge where the sticker was. I'm also surprised it was put on the body rather than the window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have experience using regular Goo Gone vs. Goo Gone Automotive?

I have the original stuff and would prefer not buying a new bottle of the auto version just for this sticker residue. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,493 Posts
I took that sticker off at the dealership while I was waiting to do the paperwork. I'm surprised they put it on the car.
Ditto and it came off before they ever got the tailgate working with my foot. I won't do anything further at the dealer until I absolutely have to...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the same issue. There was a straight line of hardened goo stuck around where the edge of the sticker was. It almost felt like a scratch. Hot water, a microfiber cloth and 10 minutes of elbow grease took care of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've started watching some car detailers on youtube & found this guy. Pan the organizer. He gives good advice for professionals & do it your selfers(me). I found this video on his sight. It discusses bug removal, but I did see on the can of Citrol many other uses, 1 being adhesive removal. This product is supposed to be very easy on our clearcoat finishes. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I always tell the dealer, no stickers, badges or dealer advertisements of any kind on the vehicle when negotiating. I will not give them free advertising.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts