Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post before on this but I sure can't find it now!
Someone was mounting their full sized spare tire inside in back but instead of laying it flat, like most of us do, he had it mounted vertically on drivers side.
I'm thinking this is a good solution (at least for now), takes up less space, doesn't block visibility (or outside sensors), doesn't cause drag on roof, etc.
But just how does one strap it down sufficiently for it to stay upright and not moving around?
There are some tie downs in back but they are small and that would only go front to back, nothing to hold it from tipping over sideways.
Someone suggested a tire mount like this but it has no good place in the side to be attached.
https://tinyurl.com/2zmenwnc (link to etrailer.com

Can someone point me to the post or tell them how this can work?

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
883 Posts
I think you are talking about @REALM , he did a great job mounting the spare inside the rear cab.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Care to post the link you were looking for and found?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Care to post the link you were looking for and found?
Part way down this thread, you will see the pic

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can't remember what the spare tire holders were out of but I think a old Chevy Blazer or a Jeep but we used them to hold a spare tire vertical in a pick up bed. It would work if you could bolt to the floor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.