Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2019 Elite - Charcoal Gray Metallic
Discussion Starter #1
How do I clean the so-called soft-touch interior plastic surfaces, mostly on the dash and doors? They are slightly sticky, collect dust and fingerprints, and retain water marks. I assumed these were just regular plastic pieces with protective film still on them, since there are regular, glossy pieces near them, as well. I couldn't find an edge to peel up, so I did some web searching, and I guess this is how they are supposed to be.

Registered
2019 Sport Silver
How do I clean the so-called soft-touch interior plastic surfaces, mostly on the dash and doors? They are slightly sticky, collect dust and fingerprints, and retain water marks. I assumed these were just regular plastic pieces with protective film still on them, since there are regular, glossy pieces near them, as well. I couldn't find an edge to peel up, so I did some web searching, and I guess this is how they are supposed to be.
Good morning,

I use a product called P&S Express Interior Cleaner, 1:1 diluted in a spray bottle, detail brushes and micro fiber towels.

Followed by some protection. Currently in the arsenal is AeroSpace 303 and CarPro Perl (diluted 3:1)
for UV protection and a low matte shine. Welcome to OCD attention to detail...馃お

Registered
303 is great stuff for vinyl or plastic. I use it on my convertible top and all my interior and exterior parts.

Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

Registered
2020 Passport, Black Copper Pearl with Black interior
I didnt like the shiny piano black look, or the texture so I opted to cover all of it with black carbon fiber. It makes the interior look much more classy, I feel piano black has such a cheap look to it.

Registered
2019 Elite - Charcoal Gray Metallic
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, 303 seems to be the overwhelming choice. I don't actually like the dull, rubbery finish, especially since it's only on half of the plastic. But, the super glossy pieces are not much better. I just don't get why they aren't all the same.

Registered
I've never used 303.
I use this water based interior product because it cleans without leaving a shiny residue.
This is offered in an oil based version, but the above link is for the water based option.

Registered
2019 Sport Silver

Good info and selection from a trusted source on most things detail these days. (y)

Reactions: PresentsOfMind

Registered
2019 Sport Silver
I started watching Pan 3 weeks ago when I got my PP. he has a lot of good tips! I鈥檓 currently debating on whether or not I want to try to ceramic coat it.
Worth every penny, PREPARATION of the surface is key!

Registered
I use Mothers VLR. Great product for cleaning and conditioning without that armor all glossy look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts