Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I see I have a ATT app on my Passport, I assume it is to be used as a “HOT spot”?
What all can this be used for?

·
Registered
192 Posts
That’s right. ATT hot spot. An uber exciting pay-for-play service that allows your Passport to be its own internet hotspot!! Also, the first app I disabled in the settings.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hello all, I see I have a ATT app on my Passport, I assume it is to be used as a “HOT spot”?
What all can this be used for?
I believe the benefits are:

- allows passengers without cell connected devices (eg. kids in the backseat?) to access the internet without connecting through the drivers phone.
- the car antenna may be better able to pick up cell towers than the smaller phone antenna.

Otherwise, the infotainment center can still connect to the internet through the personal hotspot on your phone without paying another monthly cellular bill that only gets used when you are in the car.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does that mean apple play would work using the Passports “AT&T hotspot, no need for a cord to your phone?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does that mean apple play would work using the Passports “AT&T hotspot, no need for a cord to your phone?
No, the Passport does not support wireless Apple Carplay. As things currently stand, a USB cable will be needed to use Carplay.

- the ATT hotspot (or the hotspot on your phone, if you have one) is the interface between devices (phones, tablets, infotainment center) and the internet.
- the USB cable is the interface between your phone and the infotainment center for Carplay.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe the benefits are:

- allows passengers without cell connected devices (eg. kids in the backseat?) to access the internet without connecting through the drivers phone.
- the car antenna may be better able to pick up cell towers than the smaller phone antenna.

Otherwise, the infotainment center can still connect to the internet through the personal hotspot on your phone without paying another monthly cellular bill that only gets used when you are in the car.
Here comes Homer with the voice of reason. Viable benefits indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts