Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2020 Passport Touring AWD on Saturday. The dealer says they will have it ready for me this afternoon. Added front window tint, side moldings, Ceramic protection package. The dealer installing the wireless phone charger and providing a rear shade at no cost as well.

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
Bought a 2020 Passport Touring AWD on Saturday. The dealer says they will have it ready for me this afternoon. Added front window tint, side moldings, Ceramic protection package. The dealer installing the wireless phone charger and providing a rear shade at no cost as well.
Welcome!
I’d be interested in hearing about the rear shade.

Also, don’t expect to have the ceramic coating actually protect your vehicle as it says.

I got tree sap on mine near the furthest rear window and it didn’t come off without using some nail polish remover. I did test it in the door frame and wash off to make sure it was ok and it was. Just don’t fall for leaving bird poop or sap on it for too long.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!
I’d be interested in hearing about the rear shade.

Also, don’t expect to have the ceramic coating actually protect your vehicle as it says.

I got tree sap on mine near the furthest rear window and it didn’t come off without using some nail polish remover. I did test it in the door frame and wash off to make sure it was ok and it was. Just don’t fall for leaving bird poop or sap on it for too long.
The rear shade is the rear deck cover shade. For normal driving I never leave stuff in the back in plain view. If they can't see it they are less likely to break in to steal it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And She's sitting snugly in the garage right now as it is dark and fixing to snow. Will post some pics tomorrow or Thursday depending on the weather.

Feeling a bit like a fool though. I test drove so many different vehicles Saturday that I got my colors mixed up. Thought the one I drove was the Lunar Silver Metalic, a nice color. Frankly color is the last thing on my list when buying a car as long as it isn't Mary Kay pink.

When I picked it up a couple of hours ago it turned out it wasn't the Luna Silver but the Modern Steel Metallic. By chance the color I was drawn to in the first place when looking at them on line.

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
And She's sitting snugly in the garage right now as it is dark and fixing to snow. Will post some pics tomorrow or Thursday depending on the weather.

Feeling a bit like a fool though. I test drove so many different vehicles Saturday that I got my colors mixed up. Thought the one I drove was the Lunar Silver Metalic, a nice color. Frankly color is the last thing on my list when buying a car as long as it isn't Mary Kay pink.

When I picked it up a couple of hours ago it turned out it wasn't the Luna Silver but the Modern Steel Metallic. By chance the color I was drawn to in the first place when looking at them on line.
Welcome to the MSM club!

That's great news on the color! Take your time on the photo, we aren’t going anywhere...

Modern Steel is my color as well. I was dead set on finding it too and it took me searching dealers from CA, NV and AZ for it! I was originally set in the touring, but never found that one on the west coast, so got the elite after it showed up at a SoCal dealer after searching for 4 months.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome to the MSM club!

That's great news on the color! Take your time on the photo, we aren’t going anywhere...

Modern Steel is my color as well. I was dead set on finding it too and it took me searching dealers from CA, NV and AZ for it! I was originally set in the touring, but never found that one on the west coast, so got the elite after it showed up at a SoCal dealer after searching for 4 months.

View attachment 4963
It looks great with its new socks and shoes! Ken

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, posted a photo of my Passport in another thread. Here is one I took the other day when I was leaving the hospital. Once it gets above 32 degrees and we see some sun I will take a couple more.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry, posted a photo of my Passport in another thread. Here is one I took the other day when I was leaving the hospital. Once it gets above 32 degrees and we see some sun I will take a couple more. View attachment 5038
I hope your stay in the hospital is a short one and your back to enjoying your PP with the rest of us. BTW your PP looks great! I wish I could keep mine (same color) just as clean.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope your stay in the hospital is a short one and your back to enjoying your PP with the rest of us. BTW your PP looks great! I wish I could keep mine (same color) just as clean.
Thanks but I’m retired and volunteer 3 days a week there. Keeps me busy as the wife is 5 years younger than I am, is still working, the boss of the trust division at the bank where she works and likes what she does.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks but I’m retired and volunteer 3 days a week there. Keeps me busy as the wife is 5 years younger than I am, is still working, the boss of the trust division at the bank where she works and likes what she does.
Thanks for the correction. My wife and I are also retired and volunteering locally in the historical society and enjoying the "golden years".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts