Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been posted before but has anyone else noticed that there is a gap difference from the right side to the left of the hood just above the Grille Garnish I thought it was just mine but I went to the dealer where I purchased it and was looking around at the other passports on the lot and they are the same. I can almost stick my finger in on the drivers side of the hood but can barely get the tip of my fingers on the passenger side

·
Registered
750 Posts
What year is your Passport? There's a hood latch recall for the 2019 Passport, if your car is affected you might notice large hood gap inconsistencies and vibration while driving due to latch separation from the hood. Beyond that, a lot of owners here have observed that Honda designed the Passport's hood (2019-2023) to rest of the rubber seal instead of compressing the seal while closed, this leaves a wider than typical gap between the hood and the grille.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Passport is a 2022. I did see those post about the 2019. I spoke with the dealer about it and they seemed surprised. They did takes pictures and will be forwarding them to the district rep to see why this the way it is.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My Passport is a 2022. I did see those post about the 2019. I spoke with the dealer about it and they seemed surprised. They did takes pictures and will be forwarding them to the district rep to see why this the way it is.
The 2022 Passport has a redesigned steel hood instead of the aluminum hood of the 2019-2021 Passport, the hood gap also appears wider than available in the 2019-2021 Passport. If your front hood gap is not symmetrical the hood may have been misaligned during assembly, but your dealer can adjust that after loosening the mounting bolts on the hood hinge and pulling the misaligned side forward or pushing backwards as needed before tightening the bolts again. You can also do this yourself if you have the tools and some technical know-how. Note that the hood hinge bolts have to be tightened to 6.9 lb-ft.

This will not fix the front edge gap but the gap is not a safety issue as long as the hood latch properly engages and you don't have any hood vibration while driving.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Oh yea, I have that problem too. I think the hood is slightly off center creating uneven gap from side to side.
My Passport is a fitment nightmare. Nothing is fitted properly and each panel has sand under the paint. Worst car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If your Honda/Acura has a VIN, which begins with "J" there will be zero misalignments.
Though some may have "quiet quit" years ago, domestic workers have never been held to the same work ethic, as those in the homeland.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
537 Posts
Both of our pp(2021's) were built in a Alabama and we see zero fit issues, had to go check after seeing this post.
Matter of fact we have had zero issues with either and both perform as advertised so far...fingers crossed!
Since covid we are in a new world where obtaining and keeping quality workers is not easy. I bet you see the same issues across all automakers these days.

·
Registered
2022 Passport AWD
84 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted before but has anyone else noticed that there is a gap difference from the right side to the left of the hood just above the Grille Garnish I thought it was just mine but I went to the dealer where I purchased it and was looking around at the other passports on the lot and they are the same. I can almost stick my finger in on the drivers side of the hood but can barely get the tip of my fingers on the passenger side

Yep, my 2022 EX-L has the same issue. Noticed it the day I got it home. It's interesting to hear that yours and other Passports have the same issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts