Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2019 exl msm
19 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I bought this hood deflector from FormFit Hood Protector. It looks similar to Honda's low profile deflector but it is attached to the hood with clips. There is clearance for drainage and it can be removed whenever I wax the car. Price is $105 shipping included. Took around 20 min to install it myself. View attachment 3961 View attachment 3962
I’ve looked on their website and the passport is the only one not listed. What did you order?

·
Registered
369 Posts
That looks great Alvin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My invoice shows the following but you might want to email them to be sure.

Honda Passport (2019-Up) FormFit Hood Protector $105.00 Item # HD 9F16-

·
Registered
78 Posts
Considering a low profile hood defector only to protect my hood paint. Knowing that the Passport hood is aluminium, I'm not worried about rust surfacing due to stone chips. I really dislike finding new dings in my beauty's paint. I priced one online for $220 CND from Honda. Not even sure if I can get parts with everything shutting down in Ontario. I'm looking forward to the day when things return to normalcy and self isolation is a thing of the past.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
810 Posts
Considering a low profile hood defector only to protect my hood paint. Knowing that the Passport hood is aluminium, I'm not worried about rust surfacing due to stone chips. I really dislike finding new dings in my beauty's paint. I priced one online for $220 CND from Honda. Not even sure if I can get parts with everything shutting down in Ontario. I'm looking forward to the day when things return to normalcy and self isolation is a thing of the past.
Sendbeta, did you ever get a hood deflector? If so, which one, and what do you think about it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sendbeta, did you ever get a hood deflector? If so, which one, and what do you think about it?
Not yet. I popped by my local Honda dealer 3 weeks ago. I wanted to compare prices rather then ordering just online. Of course Covid has limited the dealership and at the time accessories was closed. I will check back in a month or so. Still on the fence if I even like the look of a low profile one. I guess it’s more for functionality to protect the hood then overall looks.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I’m concerned about protecting the leading edge. I do a lot of highway travel on the weekends, so I want to avoid chips, bug juice etching, etc. I could try without it for a while and see how it goes, and if the edge gets dinged up, cover it with a deflector.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
262 Posts
I had a bra on my 98 Passport. I thought it looked good but it ruined the paint under it. My experience with deflectors is that they're great for collecting leaves.

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
The only Hood Deflector I ever had was on the 1998 4-Runner and I bought it after the area right under it took a nasty hit!

I'm hoping that the Clear Bra provides enough protection...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’m concerned about protecting the leading edge.
Since you just got a ceramic coating, I would leave it at that. Or go with a limited ppf covering.
I put the low profile deflector on about 8 mons. ago. Was skeptical about the mounting. The sticky foam is starting to fail. The 2 special washers on the top are nothing more than extruded plastic formed in a circle and ends glued together. Those came apart right away (not over tightened - and of course, nothing close can be found to replace).
It's also a little difficult to get all the dirt out from under it when washing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since you just got a ceramic coating, I would leave it at that. Or go with a limited ppf covering.
I put the low profile deflector on about 8 mons. ago. Was skeptical about the mounting. The sticky foam is starting to fail. The 2 special washers on the top are nothing more than extruded plastic formed in a circle and ends glued together. Those came apart right away (not over tightened - and of course, nothing close can be found to replace).
It's also a little difficult to get all the dirt out from under it when washing.
Thanks for the info. Sometimes accessory add ons seem like a good idea but I always worry how well they will hold up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Consider that I'm in a fairly mild climate, I imagine it would not hold up well in a cold climate.
The one like Alvin got would probably be better. It just didn't look like as refined a fit as the Honda one.
I'm a real fan of ppf. I just was hoping to not have the expense of doing it on the Passport.
My '06 Pilot was done over 14 yrs ago. Still holding up well. A few nicks from really bad rock strikes. But you could tell the front would have been shredded if not for the film by looking at my windshield. Very pitted from driving on snowy roads in CO. Luckily (!) I took a rock to the windshield about a yr ago and it had to be replaced. Nice and clear now!

·
Registered
2019 AWD Passport, EX-L, Silver with black interior
8 Posts
Looking at the Honda sites and see three numbers for the hood air deflectors.
15400-PLM-A00, 15400-PLM-A01 and 15400-PLM-A02. The forst two are over a hundred bucks and the last is under.
I cannot find a description on any of the sites as to height though and am wondering the differences. they all seem to have the same standard image, looks like a low profile.....
I see the 02 in one post as being the low profile....are the others higher or older and newer?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Actually, the low profile has 2 brackets and double sided tape.

Besides the tape failing prematurely, the other problem is the plastic washers that go on the top are nothing more than extruded plastic, formed into a circle and glued together. Slightest pressure and glue gives out.

This is bottom side view of washer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There are only two made by Honda; a low profile model that lays flat on the hood (actually taped down with double sided tape) to protect the leading edge, and the regular deflector that is angled up off the hood.
My CRV got hit on the leading edge of the hood and it dented it , it was ugly I got one that was a low profile and went on with double stick tape and never had a problem. Nothing got under it for three winters. and it looked good but I can't find one for the PP. The way Honda makes the hood fit it is a magnet for stones on the leading edge

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
My CRV got hit on the leading edge of the hood and it dented it , it was ugly I got one that was a low profile and went on with double stick tape and never had a problem. Nothing got under it for three winters. and it looked good but I can't find one for the PP. The way Honda makes the hood fit it is a magnet for stones on the leading edge
Isn’t this what you’re looking for?

Low Profile Hood Deflector

41 - 60 of 72 Posts