Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a PP touring Deep Scarlet with Gray wheels.. I got the low profile deflector.. it looks great, I think and it basically just lays on the paint.. not up off the surface.. Also have an 11 Ridgeline and it looks like a 60 year old owns it, but I like the hood deflector, keeps all kinds of rocks and stuff off the hood and I have window covers also.. look corny but I can crack windows and park it and the car stays fresher and does not rain in..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am kinda on the fence with the Deflectors, but I can tell you, we did NOT have on on our 4Runner and it got some nasty dings RIGHT where the Deflector would have been, so we got one and it was fine. I'm seriously considering getting a clear bra (relax it's just a clear mylar) over the entire front end, which should protect against rock dings, but it costs 5 times more than the deflector. I had my entire front end done on my BMW and loved it...
see my post below.. re deflectors

·
Registered
41 Posts
Only had my Passport Touring for one week and already have a ding on the leading edge of the hood and a chipped windshield. Interstate construction near here is a bitch. Getting the low profile deflector installed this week. Hoping it will look OK with the Deep Scarlet paint and blend it fairly well with the black grill.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Honda deflector on and if anything the PP can pull it off at least with the modern steal it can. I cant even tell it's on sometimes because it blends right in with the colour and body lines of the truck. I even have the sunroof visor and like the way it looks and can actually open the roof without getting a ton of wind noise. With the low profile, you might as well not have anything on imo.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am putting on the following for sure. Roof rails, body side molding, and black lighted running boards. I am also going to get the driver and passenger window tinted. I have the Passport Elite in crystal pearl black. I think after reading the forum I may pass on the hood air deflectors. It seems to many people don’t like the look and suspect they don’t do too much to help. However, I will keep reading everyone’s opinions. Thanks!
I thought the Elite trim came with roof rails...but not cross rails.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We put the regular hood deflector on almost immediately to protect the paint. It does help quite a bit in our experience. We opted for the regular instead of the low profile. We definitely preferred the low profile look more but we had concerns about adequate drainage and things getting stuck in the low profile deflector. Would have much preferred a Weathertech deflector as we have bought in the past but they don't yet have one out for the Passport unfortunately.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I bought this hood deflector from FormFit Hood Protector. It looks similar to Honda's low profile deflector but it is attached to the hood with clips. There is clearance for drainage and it can be removed whenever I wax the car. Price is $105 shipping included. Took around 20 min to install it myself. front - Copy.jpg side - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
Checked the accessory list while I was at the dealership this morning and they had the LP deflector listed as $247 installed.

@Alvin That one has a similar look, though the OEM deflector sits flush to the hood with no clearance. I'd be curious to see if yours has any issues with debris.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The gap between the hood and deflector is about 9mm. I haven't had any debris problems yet but I normally park in the garage or parking structure.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts