Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the the Passport hood air deflectors. First question - What is the true purpose and do they work? Second question - Do they look good? ( I have the black pearl Passport). Third Question - They make a low profile and a high profile. Are there advantages to either and what looks best? Fourth Question - Does anyone have good pictures of the air deflectors installed on your car? Last question - Are they worth it? Thanks for any help and advice you can give me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was thinking about getting the the Passport hood air deflectors. First question - What is the true purpose and do they work? Second question - Do they look good? ( I have the black pearl Passport). Third Question - They make a low profile and a high profile. Are there advantages to either and what looks best? Fourth Question - Does anyone have good pictures of the air deflectors installed on your car? Last question - Are they worth it? Thanks for any help and advice you can give me.
1. Who knows. No. Don’t do it.
2. No. Don’t do it.
3. No. Neither. Don’t do it.
4. Impossible.
5. No. Don’t do it.

·
461 Posts
I have the larger air deflecter and I think they work pretty good but u will still get peppered with bugs just not as much / I have used them on most of my vehicles.
1. See above
2. They look ok
3. Large profile may help push a nasty bug up and over / low profile probably looks better but what’s the point then as I don’t think it would push that nasty one up and over - my .02
4. See my pic of my Elite with the large deflector - it will be right side up if u click on it

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are over 60, get a deflector as you will fit right in. If you are younger than 60 and want to save money on unnecessary accessories and want to keep your Passport from being a 'Grocery Getter', leave it stock. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a high profile on my Acura MDX and love the look.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am putting on the following for sure. Roof rails, body side molding, and black lighted running boards. I am also going to get the driver and passenger window tinted. I have the Passport Elite in crystal pearl black. I think after reading the forum I may pass on the hood air deflectors. It seems to many people don’t like the look and suspect they don’t do too much to help. However, I will keep reading everyone’s opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
One other benefit..On previous vehicles I would get nicks in the hood paint from road debris/stones kicked up by vehicles in front of me..especially trucks....With the hood deflector I have not received one nick in 8 yrs of ownership.
I ordered the low profile deflector to hopefully reduce dings.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am putting on the following for sure. Roof rails, body side molding, and black lighted running boards. I am also going to get the driver and passenger window tinted. I have the Passport Elite in crystal pearl black. I think after reading the forum I may pass on the hood air deflectors. It seems to many people don’t like the look and suspect they don’t do too much to help. However, I will keep reading everyone’s opinions. Thanks!
As for the running boards..They are very narrow and expensive...My wife and I are in our 70's and we effortlessly got in and out when we test drove the Passport Touring.....I realize it looks nice but functionally we did not feel it was needed..

·
Registered
369 Posts
That will look good, please post pics when you have all of your mods installed.

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
I am kinda on the fence with the Deflectors, but I can tell you, we did NOT have on on our 4Runner and it got some nasty dings RIGHT where the Deflector would have been, so we got one and it was fine. I'm seriously considering getting a clear bra (relax it's just a clear mylar) over the entire front end, which should protect against rock dings, but it costs 5 times more than the deflector. I had my entire front end done on my BMW and loved it...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts