Honda Passport Forum banner
47K views 50 replies 25 participants last post by  Scrips 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen yet if the Passport will support remote starting via the phone app? The Touring and Elite supposedly have the Hondalink cellular connection hardware.

The 2018-19 Odyssey and Accord support remote unlock, lock, and remote start. The 2019 Pilot only supports unlock and lock but not the remote start. The Passport isn't listed on the Hondalink compatibility site yet:

https://hondalink.honda.com/#/compatibility?year=2019&model=Pilot

It would be a nice feature to have on 95 degree days to give the A/C a couple of minutes to cool down before I leave work.

#4 ·
I saw the feature demonstrated from the key fob, but did not discuss doing it from a phone, cool idea...

#7 ·
A guy I work with has a Chevy truck with the cell phone starting service, he is charged with a monthly fee.

#19 · (Edited)
What are some of the use cases for the remote start?

- your residence is not close to where the car is parked?
- you want to start the car just before leaving work?

For my needs, I think just using the key fob will work, but I would like to hear how others will use the phone app.

#20 ·
What are some of the use cases for the remote start?

- your residence is not close to where the car is parked?
- you want to start the car just before leaving work?

For my needs, I think just using the key fob will work, but I would like to hear how others will us the phone app.
My parking at home and work are both out of range of the keyfob remote start, and I live in Florida so in the summer where even 5 minutes of prerunning the A/C would be nice to have.

One that comes up occaisionally as well is parking at bigger places like theme parks where there's easily a 15 minute walk back to the car once you're ready to leave, and the whole time thinking if only the A/C was running things would be a lot less miserable when we get there.

It's definitely something I can live without (and could offset with better window tinting), but it's a nice feature that a lot of newer vehicles are including.

#23 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. I can see the usefulness in the cases mentioned. If the remote start is not currently available on the Passport, could it be added later via a software update? I would think so ...?

Reactions: rls002
#24 ·
It's interesting how options or features that seem unimportant to some are deal-breakers for others. I guess this is one of them and could see that people who live in places with extreme environments (super hot or very cold) would want this feature...

Reactions: rls002
#25 ·
Too bad Honda doesn't seem to listen to their customers wants & needs..

#28 ·
I have confirmed this is NOT available ANYWHERE. Heard from corporate...maybe. Yet, we know how that goes. We bought an Accord and considered the Pilot. Loved the the Passport more, until I learned I can't start my car from my office on the 3rd floor. Their answer was...you can start it within range. Unless it is because of the special battery this vehicle has, this is a ROYAL screw up! Still pissed especially with the 4" of snow falling outside currently. The $100/yr without seems like a HUGE waste and certainly overcharging.

#31 ·
No way I'm paying extra for the Honda Utility App, the Hot Spot or XM....

#32 ·
So I can’t remote start still through HondaLink that I setup on Monday / was hoping I could by now as maybe they updated this / anyways only options I see are the PSI values per tire and a lock unlock choice - dumb and I’m not paying after the freebie ends in June ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.