Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen yet if the Passport will support remote starting via the phone app? The Touring and Elite supposedly have the Hondalink cellular connection hardware.

The 2018-19 Odyssey and Accord support remote unlock, lock, and remote start. The 2019 Pilot only supports unlock and lock but not the remote start. The Passport isn't listed on the Hondalink compatibility site yet:

https://hondalink.honda.com/#/compatibility?year=2019&model=Pilot

It would be a nice feature to have on 95 degree days to give the A/C a couple of minutes to cool down before I leave work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Our salesman covered that with us and told us that feature is there. We have not got that set up yet so I can't tell you we have used it. Like you, getting that ac going sounds good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our salesman covered that with us and told us that feature is there. We have not got that set up yet so I can't tell you we have used it. Like you, getting that ac going sounds good.
I hope so. As I recall some buyers of the 2019 Pilot were told the same but in the end they didn't get the feature. Let us know if you get it set up and working!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is there a monthly fee for that service?

·
Registered
349 Posts
A guy I work with has a Chevy truck with the cell phone starting service, he is charged with a monthly fee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone seen yet if the Passport will support remote starting via the phone app? The Touring and Elite supposedly have the Hondalink cellular connection hardware.

The 2018-19 Odyssey and Accord support remote unlock, lock, and remote start. The 2019 Pilot only supports unlock and lock but not the remote start. The Passport isn't listed on the Hondalink compatibility site yet:

https://hondalink.honda.com/#/compatibility?year=2019&model=Pilot

It would be a nice feature to have on 95 degree days to give the A/C a couple of minutes to cool down before I leave work.
NO!! This option is NOT available. Bought the first one in Ohio and found out the hard way. Confirmed with HondaLink. Even dealership didnt know. Only line of vehicles that doesnt. WTH

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that takes the Passport off my list if true. Seems like a silly thing to leave out considering they have all of the other connectivity in the Passport and offer it on some of their other vehicles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What are some of the use cases for the remote start?

- your residence is not close to where the car is parked?
- you want to start the car just before leaving work?

For my needs, I think just using the key fob will work, but I would like to hear how others will use the phone app.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

- your residence is not close to where the car is parked?
- you want to start the car just before leaving work?

For my needs, I think just using the key fob will work, but I would like to hear how others will us the phone app.
My parking at home and work are both out of range of the keyfob remote start, and I live in Florida so in the summer where even 5 minutes of prerunning the A/C would be nice to have.

One that comes up occaisionally as well is parking at bigger places like theme parks where there's easily a 15 minute walk back to the car once you're ready to leave, and the whole time thinking if only the A/C was running things would be a lot less miserable when we get there.

It's definitely something I can live without (and could offset with better window tinting), but it's a nice feature that a lot of newer vehicles are including.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Any case where the car is out of range of the fob, but you will get to your car soon enough that you want it to be cooled/warmed when you get to it. Especially useful the warmer or colder the outside temperature is.

-Leaving a sports stadium with a long walk to your car
-Office on a higher floor or deep within a building
-At an airport terminal, about to take a shuttle ride to remote parking

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I can see the usefulness in the cases mentioned. If the remote start is not currently available on the Passport, could it be added later via a software update? I would think so ...?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts