Honda Passport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I tried the OTA update several times last night (after receiving a message that the update was available) and got the "Update Failed" message each time. I drove into town today and tried it again and this time it said "No Update Available". My version is B.1.4.4. Is it possible that the system updated itself and B.1.4.4 is the latest update?
You have the latest version.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
293 Posts
You have the latest version.
So we have two 2021 pp, one a sport and the other a exl. I see an option that says auto download. Is it possible we both already have the update? How do you know if it's already down loaded? I tried the update but said it's up to date.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So we have two 2021 pp, one a sport and the other a exl. I see an option that says auto download. Is it possible we both already have the update? How do you know if it's already down loaded? I tried the update but said it's up to date.
Check your version under System Update settings, if it says B.1.4.4 then you have the latest version.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Could be, wifes exl is the same so idk.
I think every PP with HondaLink/Emergency Call/Automatic Collision Notification needs the update because it future-proofs the GSM module that powers those functions. If you don't have it yet keep checking, I'm sure it will arrive soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was running an errand today and an alert came up saying the new software update was available. I installed it - the vehicle has to be running and it took 30 minutes. It seemed to be successful. I tried to run update again after the install and it said the system is up to date. I'm aware that this update was for the upcoming elimination of 3G. I did not study the system afterwards so I do not know if there were other changes included in this update.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If someone isn’t having issues with their audio, should they update the software? For reference, I’m still running Mohave on my Mac bc I didn’t see a need to upgrade 😆

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,392 Posts
If someone isn’t having issues with their audio, should they update the software? For reference, I’m still running Mohave on my Mac bc I didn’t see a need to upgrade 😆

Did you read the Doc I linked in my post above?

The third bullet-point on page 1 states:
"Due to the variations in the technology as well as how it is used and operates in different vehicles, your vehicle may not have experienced any of the symptoms or issues described below or only one (or some) of them. You should still obtain this software update."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you read the Doc I linked in my post above?

The third bullet-point on page 1 states:
"Due to the variations in the technology as well as how it is used and operates in different vehicles, your vehicle may not have experienced any of the symptoms or issues described below or only one (or some) of them. You should still obtain this software update."
That i didn’t.

·
Registered
184 Posts
These days you should always try to keep up, even if it's only (as for your Mac) to not just get security updates but also not to be left behind re: the myriad of changes Apple always makes, and that their support is always for the latest version(s).

That being said, I personnally don't jump (in the case of Apple Macs and iOS) on new, major releases when they first appear, because it seems they always come-out shortly thereafter with fixes they missed. So instead of say grabbing iOS 15.2, I am inclined to wait for 15.2.1.

Back to Honda, if the system tells you it wants to be updated then IMO you should do it.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
380 Posts
I did the update yesterday and it now says the software version is B.1.4.4.like is should. I have seen a few posts on this site about losing their settings on the Navigation system, I didn’t experience that. My system updated and I retained my Navigation settings. Anyone else have the same experience? I have a 2021 Elite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the update yesterday and it now says the software version is B.1.4.4.like is should. I have seen a few posts on this site about losing their settings on the Navigation system, I didn’t experience that. My system updated and I retained my Navigation settings. Anyone else have the same experience? I have a 2021 Elite.
I just checked and the update wiped out the Navigation settings on my 2019 Elite. For me it's not a big deal - I re-programmed my "Home" setting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 Elite here, despite the warning on the screen, it did not seem to delete any Nav settings.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts