Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I checked again today there were no updates available. I looked on honda site and seems like you have to start the update and it's not automatic unless you have auto set.
Product Black Font Line Rectangle

Based on update wording. Image attached of PDF on how to update

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
515 Posts
Just received notice of update on my PP. Installing now.

Attachments

Reactions: fx_chip and JLH

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

It worked on my EX-L. One thing I noticed is that after the update was supposedly complete (all 6 steps), I checked the system updates again and it did something (as I didn't get the system is up to date message). When I went into system updates for a 3rd time it said that it was up to date.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got mine completed. It took a full 30 minutes on my home WiFi.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The Telematics Control Unit (part # 39870-TGS-A11) costs $450 plus depending on where one is ordering from, the 2022 4G/5G/VoLTE version might cost more. That's an expensive replacement cost for anyone that fails to update before Honda bricks the unupdated units. I'm rather curious why people who miss this update unintentionally cannot have their unit updated at a Honda dealer after February 2022 instead of having to buy an entirely new VoLTE TCU...could be the cellular service provider Honda uses refused to entertain 3G to VoLTE updates after that date?

·
Registered
1 Posts
After attempting the update procedure, I went to Home/Settings/System/About and saw that my OTA version is now B.1.4.4.
But I should have checked "About" first, then did the update, and then checked "About" again. That way I would have confidence that my OTA actually did get updated. As of now, I'm not certain that B.1.4.4 is the latest version and that it does in fact address the 3G wireless issue.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
515 Posts
After attempting the update procedure, I went to Home/Settings/System/About and saw that my OTA version is now B.1.4.4.
But I should have checked "About" first, then did the update, and then checked "About" again. That way I would have confidence that my OTA actually did get updated. As of now, I'm not certain that B.1.4.4 is the latest version and that it does in fact address the 3G wireless issue.
B.1.4.4 is the latest version, check the 5th attachment on my post above.

·
Registered
608 Posts
For those who updated, did you have your Passport running (idling) the entire time?

Reactions: JLH

·
Registered
186 Posts
After completing the update, unable to set Icon for car from the Navigation/Map settings menu. It shows 1/7 (One of Seven) selected but the "Next" button is greyed out so the default arrow/triangle is showing on navi map.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For those who updated, did you have your Passport running (idling) the entire time?
I did mine in my garage, engine off, lights off, climate control & radio off, ignition on.
It took 30 minutes on my home WiFi.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Below is the first couple of sentences from the email Honda sent earlier this week. Sounds to me like the update is yet to come.

Thank you for being a valued HondaLink1 customer. An important system update will be available for your Honda within the next month and requires your action.
You were right of course, many of us jumped the gun!

After I updated our Garmin Nav system yesterday (very belatedly to 2022.10), I checked the System and yes it needed updating. I didn't realize it would take so long and became concerned that the battery might give-out, and wondered too if starting the engine would cause an interruption/failure. But I started the engine and backed-out of the garage for the 20mins or whatever that the rest of the update took and it all worked.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite
2 Posts
I tried the OTA update several times last night (after receiving a message that the update was available) and got the "Update Failed" message each time. I drove into town today and tried it again and this time it said "No Update Available". My version is B.1.4.4. Is it possible that the system updated itself and B.1.4.4 is the latest update?

21 - 40 of 80 Posts