Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Wow - our sales are still so low!
Has anyone found out how many Passports are produced?
I contacted Honda Marketing a while ago and they gave me the run around and apparently, no one has those numbers! ??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Isn’t the Passport sales figure also low because it did not go on sale until sometime in February as opposed to Pilot and Ridgeline having a full year? It’s still low, but probably 10% could be added to get a figure close to that relative to other sales figures.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My impression of the "low" sales figure is that the PP is a unique vehicle. It's still new as cars go and are sold and positioned as an "adventure" SUV, sort of the sports car of SUV vehicles, that has a certain appeal but not as wide as a "standard" SUV. Just my take on the subject.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think sales will pick up for the 2020 model year. Many people wont buy a vehicle that's in its first year of production.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
Wow - our sales are still so low!
Has anyone found out how many Passports are produced?
I contacted Honda Marketing a while ago and they gave me the run around and apparently, no one has those numbers! ??

Well, you can see that they have sold 25k to date and if every dealer has say 5 on the lot, then all you have to do is figure out how many Honda dealers there are, that will give you a roundabout figure...

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
It's interesting to me that Pilot sales are down about 16k vehicles from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019, but if you consider they have sold 25k Passports (since Feb-2019) I guess they are slightly ahead, but it still looks like the Passport is "stealing" sales away from Pilot...!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's interesting to me that Pilot sales are down about 16k vehicles from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019, but if you consider they have sold 25k Passports (since Feb-2019) I guess they are slightly ahead, but it still looks like the Passport is "stealing" sales away from Pilot...!
That is the intention. If you add the number of Pilots and Passports for 2019, it's 127K. Compare that to the number of total Pilots sold the same time last year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That was definitely the case for us! We were initially interested in the Pilot when we were shopping for a new car over the summer, and we didn't even know that the Passport existed until we saw it at the dealership. The extra cargo space and sportier look were more attractive to us than the third row seating, for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts