Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sadly nothing is made like it used to be! If it’s something you like overall then you have to take the good with the bad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sadly nothing is made like it used to be! If it’s something you like overall then you have to take the good with the bad.

Exactly! It’s like this with all manufactures now a days. Make em cheaper and sell them higher. Never got extended warranties with our Honda’s. This time we did with our new Elite.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Everything is made cheap nowadays! I change up my vehicles every 2 yrs and I've seen this trend with all manufactures.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do your research and you will find quality that still stands the test of time. Honda has steadily declined but not just because of quality control, but because of the complexity of the reviews. Technology has changed with the times and reviewers are dinging brands for the type of shifter installed rather than overall satisfaction or ride quality. This notion that everything declines in quality over time is dumb.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah it’s more so to do with the advancement of technology more and more electrical devices and modules are being added to vehicles on top of trying to constantly adapt the Powertrain to meet the EPAs emission standards while still providing performance. If you go backwards in time you’ll see that yeah there were less problems but there were less features, less safety, and less regulations. Flip on the adaptive cruise control and LKAS and our passport almost drives itself lol! But Honda definitely has slipped in QC.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do your research and you will find quality that still stands the test of time. Honda has steadily declined but not just because of quality control, but because of the complexity of the reviews. Technology has changed with the times and reviewers are dinging brands for the type of shifter installed rather than overall satisfaction or ride quality. This notion that everything declines in quality over time is dumb.
100% true!
Also Honda has cut there advertising budget big time since 2008 so rags like CR (garbage magazine btw) constantly diss Honda models, then theres the internet sheep that have no experience with the brand but follow whatever others say or because they read it online then it must be true, these are my favroite

1 - 9 of 9 Posts