Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Passport owner here, coming from 10 years in a Ridgeline. I got the Touring, with roof rails standard. Looking at crossbar. I can get Honda OEM for under $200 including shipping. Yakima railcars are #458. Yikes. Is there any reason in he world I would want to go with Yakima for that price difference? (I will be using for a cargo box). Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,163 Posts
As long as the cargo box you select works with the OEM rails then I would go that route.
Now if the box doesn't work with them that's a different story.
So shop carefully.

and welcome to the PP world.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
428 Posts
If you go the OEM route, you might want to look at College Hills Honda crossbars are still on sale for $130 + shipping.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My Thule box fits the OEM rails perfectly. The OEM rails are as good as Thule and Yakima rails I have (laying in a pile in the garage), probably better since they sit in a notch and bolt into the roof rails.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you are considering the Yakima RailBars, look at my review of these knockoffs...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Thule box fits the OEM rails perfectly. The OEM rails are as good as Thule and Yakima rails I have (laying in a pile in the garage), probably better since they sit in a notch and bolt into the roof rails.
Hero, which roof box did you end up getting? I was looking to get a Thule rooftop carrier and I just assumed they were compatible with the OEM cross bars. But when I did the 'fit my car' wizard from Thule's website I didn't see where I could choose OEM roof rack/bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts