Honda Passport Forum banner

Honda keeps calling and now emailing me to buy my Passport!

2987 Views 54 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  2002Hondas2000
Are we still in such a vehicle shortage?
And no way I’m starting over!

Font Screenshot Advertising Multimedia Electric blue
See less See more
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Same. My lease is ending September 1 and I've now got 3 dealers pestering me to bring it their way to trade up for a new one. The problem is that the deals on new vehicles completely suck.
Reactions: 3
Same. My lease is ending September 1 and I've now got 3 dealers pestering me to bring it their way to trade up for a new one. The problem is that the deals on new vehicles completely suck.
Exactly! Mine is paid and done and no way I can budget a new vehicle right now. I’ve got to pay off my loan for my roof, kitchen and windows by December!
Reactions: 5
Do you have a hard time telling guys........"NO"?

lol
  • Haha
Tell them "Sure, I'll sell you my 2019 Passport! KBB says its worth about $30K and CarMax will give me $32K. But with my Personal Market Adjustment you can have it for only $35,000!! When can I come in and get the check?"
  • Helpful
At least you are only getting e-mails. I'm approached at least a few times a week asking if I want to sell my truck. I'm about ready to put a sign on it "Not For Sell".

The problem is that the deals on new vehicles completely suck.
With the pandemic being calmed down the prices have came down considerably on new and used vehicles. On trucks not so much because of the demand.
You're supposed to give the dealership your burner phone number and your ex's email address.
  • Haha
  • Love
Why, that's easy. We have become a nation of want.

There are a large segment of people that want the "latest and greatest" and auto dealers mine for those people. It's the same with many items, such as cell phones, televisions, computers, etc. Some people aren't satisfied with the cell phone because it only has 3 camera lenses instead of 4, or their flatscreen is only 65" instead of 72". They feel the need to go out and buy bigger, "better" and newer, even thought their cell phone still does what it was intended to do and their flatscreen still has a good picture.

Some people think it's cheaper to buy a new car every thee years just so they have a "free" warranty on their vehicle. There are even some that buy new vehicles every year because, heaven forbid, they be seen in last years model.

Why wouldn't auto dealerships mine for those people? After all they are a great source of revenue for so many things.

As Thomas Tusser, famed poet and farmer, noted, A fool and his money are soon parted.
See less See more
  • Helpful
This. They can afford to pay high for used if you’re trading in and paying crazy high for new.

It’s like the housing market… you can sell your house for a ton of money, but going to pay out the wazoo for a new one.
Reactions: 4
Do you have a hard time telling guys........"NO"?

lol
oh no…but they call when my phone is not in my pocket or I’m on another call.

You're supposed to give the dealership your burner phone number and your ex's email address.
I have my 714-867-5309 number for stuff like that, but…when the stealership has to call me when my car was ready for add ons or warranty stuff, Jenny never answers!

Tell them "Sure, I'll sell you my 2019 Passport! KBB says its worth about $30K and CarMax will give me $32K. But with my Personal Market Adjustment you can have it for only $35,000!! When can I come in and get the check?"
for $35k I can’t buy anything worthwhile, especially after I add registratio, wheels, tint, running boards, blah…blah…
If this is the dealer that got your previous CR-V they know you're taking good care of that Passport just as you did the CR-V so they are trying to stay at the top of the queue. If you are ever interested in selling your Passport this dealer will probably come to mind first....and I bet they will come to Oregon with your check. 😄
Reactions: 1
I have a '19 model and I'm getting the same kinds of calls. It's paid for and I've never had a problem with it. The only time it's been to the dealer if for recalls and software updates. I can't justify getting a new one that may be much less reliable than mine.
for $35k I can’t buy anything worthwhile, especially after I add registratio, wheels, tint, running boards, blah…blah…
Use it as a down payment.
Heather, calling yourself Jenny is Hot.
How you doing.
  • Haha
oh no…but they call when my phone is not in my pocket or I’m on another call.

I have my 714-867-5309 number for stuff like that, but…when the stealership has to call me when my car was ready for add ons or warranty stuff, Jenny never answers!

Nothing wrong IMO with jumping out of it if they want to give a really good trade appraisal. I would ask them to give me the best offer they can on paper and then maybe shop it around to see if anyone else is interested in beating it. There must be other stuff you like... an RDX for example starts at 41k and would be a little step up but it might be worthwhile. For me I'd consider where I stand on mileage, like if you're already out of factory warranty on the Honda , with the Acura you could get back under warranty and for 4yr/50k besides. Your call on that. For me I'd probably consider it but I like operating under warranty.
Ha! 714-Jenny is my phone number for all the random crap you have to buy online or use at Fred Meyer’s to save $1.99 on peanut butter!

And the dealer didn’t buy my CRV, it was my father & son Honda shop back in HB.
Dealer just offered $39k for my $41.5k bought last July. Actually it's the second time. Crazy times right now. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.
Dealer just offered $39k for my $41.5k bought last July. Actually it's the second time. Crazy times right now. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.
lol not at this juncture? <classic> :)
  • Haha
lol not at this juncture? <classic> :)
Thousand points of light...o_O
  • Haha
1 - 20 of 55 Posts