Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure looks like Honda took the media out to experience the Passport first hand off road. So far these pictures are all I can find but while we wait for reviews to roll in, what feedback would you be looking for related to its off-road capability (or lack of it)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't see any pictures? Can't wait for the YouTube videos. I'm interested in seeing more footage of the exterior in a variety of colors including Black Forest Pearl and Crimson Red, more footage of the 2nd row and back interior. I'm not interested in the 'Adventure Package' but I don't really know what the 'Urban Package' is? I'm not interested in hearing 10 minute slow painful descriptions about the Honda Sensing controls or the glove compartment or the 'soft touch surfaces' (seriously Alex on Autos?). Maybe someone will explain why the MPG isn't better than the pilot and how/if the driving and riding experience is different than the pilot. I'd appreciate some real insight on that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Alex on Autos always provides good technical insight and great comparisons against different trims, related models, and segment competitors. Can't wait for his video. Redline is great for performance and driving feel from the enthusiast perspective. MikesCarInfo has the best inside/outside walkthroughs with extended footage. Looking to the TFL guys for detailed coverage of Passport's offroad abilities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, I saw the line of silver passports. The videos will all look the same. Love Redline Reviews - information about interior, exterior and diving experience that's not all regurged from Honda press notes. He truly loves cars! I'll watch the Alex on Auto videos that come out, but he fell out of favor with me recently after watching his Best Cars & SuVs of 2018 video, which was not good IMO. :unsure:

·
Registered
236 Posts
CD55, have you watched anything from The Straight Pipes channel? I think you would like them. Great rolling footage and they cover a lot of the quirky little things that we all care about but that never seems to be brought up on review videos. Check out their 2019 Pilot review:

·
Registered
6 Posts
ASIMO, you are so right! Just watched this Pilot video yesterday. Unique and entertaining without trying too hard. They're younger than the Pilot target market, but they make it work. Maybe they could interview their parents after driving it for a week? I'd probably love it. If you watch Straight Pipes, you must've watched their Toyota 4Runner TRD videos - which could make the most conservative driver feel like they need to go off-roading in a snowstorm in a Voodoo Blue 4Runner!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least with Honda taking the media on a test ride it will create new perspective. Not everyone knows the Passports true potential nor would they have the time to find specific trails and certain challenges to put it through.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The next step for Honda should be supplying some off-road publication or even a tuner magazine with a Passport and some money to kick off the build. The result, what could potentially be Honda's next premium off-road trim for the Passport. From capability to aesthetics.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ready to hear what he has to say on Tuesday...!
Likewise, especially when it comes to those 20's that are just terrible for off-roading. I can understand its appeal to Passport buyers in general but this was an event setup by Honda, giving journalists an off-road geared set along with the street setup would help to see the PP's capabilities.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I expect Honda to have a Passport with a "real" offroad or overlander setup on display at the next SEMA show.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I expect Honda to have a Passport with a "real" offroad or overlander setup on display at the next SEMA show.
It's just weird to not see something so simple not being done but there are publications that understand this need and might go ahead even out of pocket. For now I guess looking out for SEMA plans is the next step.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts