Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
387 Posts
People clearly don't always make the best decisions. I could point out some recent examples, but such discussions aren't appropriate on this forum. :)
No truer words spoken.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had a Tacoma before our Passport. Have to say the Toyota was a POS. I wanted so badly to like the truck, nope... not gonna happen. I went to the Honda dealership to check out the Ridgeline and was set on buying one (trading in the Tacoma); the Passport happened to be on the lot and the rest is history...

·
Registered
35 Posts
People clearly don't always make the best decisions. I could point out some recent examples, but such discussions aren't appropriate on this forum. :)
as I'm newer to this forum, not entirely sure what you're talking about, but if you think I've made a terrible decision, I'm fine with being called out on it. That being said, I just don't believe the Ridgeline is a superior product but people won't buy them because it's a unibody truck and not rugged enough. Look at the Ford Maverick...it's got over 100k pre orders. Let's say only 30% of those convert into sales and no one else buys the truck the entire first year. The Maverick will still sell more units than the Ridgeline (which sold 32k units moved in 2020). That's a unibody truck that's FWD based. However, it's not overpriced. It starts at 20k. I have no qualms with the Ridgeline, it's a good vehicle. But if you take the position the Ridgeline is a good value and the only reason why people aren't buying it is because it's not rugged enough, I think you're being a bit of a fanboy who can't accept the reality that the truck is overpriced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a Tacoma before our Passport. Have to say the Toyota was a POS. I wanted so badly to like the truck, nope... not gonna happen. I went to the Honda dealership to check out the Ridgeline and was set on buying one (trading in the Tacoma); the Passport happened to be on the lot and the rest is history...
curious, what went wrong with the Tacoma to cause you to bestow POS status on it?

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite AWD
83 Posts
Looking forward to some deets ASAP from Honda on this Trailsport!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
curious, what went wrong with the Tacoma to cause you to bestow POS status on it?
Transmission was the POS. Always hunting for gears, even on the flat roads of Florida. Horrible fuel economy while driving on the freeway @ 70 mph with cruise control. My prior Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with lift kit and oversized tires got better mileage than the Tacoma. Within the first 6 months of ownership I had gone back several times asking the dealership what was wrong with the transmission. "That's how it is." I could have gotten used to the poor fuel economy (worse that stated) but the transmission is what did me in. Additional matter was the dated tech but I knew that going in to the Tacoma purchase.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
98 Posts
This is as off topic as the Tacoma discussions but I rented a new Highlander on vacation recently and couldn't believe how horrible the tech was. Poorly designed infotainment system, non-intuitive to say the least, was so happy to get back in the Passport. Not sure why people are so enthralled with Toyota - they are behind in so many ways most of all the driving experience was very lackluster. It was a comfortable ride - the only positive thing that comes to mind. Would never consider that POS regardless of price.

Getting back on topic I'm glad Honda is offering this option and look forward to having more Honda vehicle trim levels in the near future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
From the press release:
  • Launching this fall, TrailSport to become the rugged halo for Honda light trucks
  • TrailSport-specific design and components to further advance the rugged direction of the brand’s existing light trucks without sacrificing on-road dynamics
  • Rugged upgrades for future to include more aggressive tires, increased ground clearance, off-road tuned suspension, underbody protection and expanded all-wheel drive capabilities
Built for adventure, TrailSport will bring a more rugged design and off-road capability, applied step-by-step, to certain models within the brand’s light truck lineup.

Over the next few model years and depending on the model, TrailSport off-road capability will further increase with upgrades like more aggressive tires, full-size spare tires, increased ground clearance, off-road tuned suspensions, underbody protection, and expanded all-wheel drive system capabilities."

The 2022 Pilot will offer a TrailSport trim, a Passport is shown in the teaser, and there's no mention of a TrailSport trim in the 2022 Ridgeline's PDI instructions.

This Sounds exciting!!!!

Can't wait for more details

21 - 32 of 32 Posts