Honda Passport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,114 Posts
Scotty, give us more power!
Captain, she can't take anymore!

I'm a doctor, damn it, not an auto mechanic...!

Reactions: JRJ

·
Registered
77 Posts

So this happened car was going 70 screen went out and came back but temperature F icon is messed up.

Already had recalls done prior and never had any issues like this.

Turning car off and locking it and restarting after few mins also results in same screen display where F is messed up

Any ideas on fixing or go to dealer.
09A16F74-8883-4414-A9A9-AA139BAADCCB.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite White
60 Posts
View attachment 8604
So this happened car was going 70 screen went out and came back but temperature F icon is messed up.

Already had recalls done prior and never had any issues like this.

Turning car off and locking it and restarting after few mins also results in same screen display where F is messed up

Any ideas on fixing or go to dealer.
View attachment 8605
Seeing as the screen rebooted on you, it looks like a software issue. Maybe there’s an update they can do?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Seeing as the screen rebooted on you, it looks like a software issue. Maybe there’s an update they can do?
Was gonna leave for dealer appt but while starting car just saw it fixed it self so I canceled it as it’s almost 2 hr trip for me to the dealer.

So weird fix it self after 12 hrs or so

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite White
60 Posts
Was gonna leave for dealer appt but while starting car just saw it fixed it self so I canceled it as it’s almost 2 hr trip for me to the dealer.
View attachment 8610
So weird fix it self after 12 hrs or so
yeah, that’s not worth the drive haha. Just add it to your list of things to tell them about if/when you make the trip out there

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,543 Posts
Thought I‘d circle back on this...it’s a slow news day!

The local Honda dealer called me this morning about my recall still not being addressed.
I told them when I see more positive reviews on the fix for this recall, I’d consider bringing mine in, unless I get an issue sooner. But since I have zero issues with my infotainment center, control gauges, etc...I just can’t trust them to rip off my dash and put it back correctly.

·
3,114 Posts
Thought I‘d circle back on this...it’s a slow news day!

The local Honda dealer called me this morning about my recall still not being addressed.
I told them when I see more positive reviews on the fix for this recall, I’d consider bringing mine in, unless I get an issue sooner. But since I have zero issues with my infotainment center, control gauges, etc...I just can’t trust them to rip off my dash and put it back correctly.
Here is the bottom line: Honda redesigned the MOST connector(s) to be a better and more secure fit. Just because yours fits (works) now, does not mean it will stay in perfect working order forever! You could hit a severe bump one day and it come loose!

Let's say Honda had a Recall, saying you needed to bring yours in so that they could check and tighten your Lug Nuts, and since your wheels have not fallen off, you feel you don't need to do it, it doesn't mean they are not loose or in the process of becoming more loose! So you gonna drive until a wheel falls off? Then take it in to get looked at?

You are off work, this is the perfect time to get it REPLACED, I suggest Honda World Westminster - they have done a ton of the Recalls and the guy doing them is VERY well experienced, I did have the issue intermittently but after the 2-hour repair job: ZERO ISSUES!

Just do it Heather....!

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
Here is the bottom line: Honda redesigned the MOST connector(s) to be a better and more secure fit. Just because yours fits (works) now, does not mean it will stay in perfect working order forever! You could hit a severe bump one day and it come loose!

Let's say Honda had a Recall, saying you needed to bring yours in so that they could check and tighten your Lug Nuts, and since your wheels have not fallen off, you feel you don't need to do it, it doesn't mean they are not loose or in the process of becoming more loose! So you gonna drive until a wheel falls off? Then take it in to get looked at?

You are off work, this is the perfect time to get it REPLACED, I suggest Honda World Westminster - they have done a ton of the Recalls and the guy doing them is VERY well experienced, I did have the issue intermittently but after the 2-hour repair job: ZERO ISSUES!

Just do it Heather....!
I was hoping to read more positive reviews on it first.
But if I take it in, I will certainly go to Westminster before the one in HB.
Do you have a service advisor up there that you prefer?

·
3,114 Posts
I was hoping to read more positive reviews on it first.
But if I take it in, I will certainly go to Westminster before the one in HB.
Do you have a service advisor up there that you prefer?

You have a VERY positive review from a local place, isn't that better than six positives from Wisconsin Honda (no offense ...lol). Service Managers are random, you get who you get when you line up, but the most important thing is the guy doing the work, verify with your SA , that the same guy is doing the repairs and you'll be fine... They have done hundreds of these by now, no worries..

I suggest an appointment first thing in the AM, then wait for it, he'll be done quick and you'll be on your merry way...

Reactions: ProdGirl

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey ProdGirl,
I was hesitant to get the recall done a few months ago. The service advisor said they were doing several a day so they convinced me they knew what they were doing. I agreed and as it turned out, everything was fine. It only took about an hour and the dash was put back together with no problem. I've had no issues with it since having it done.

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
Thanks guys.

I might try to hold off a bit longer on this one or if there is a need for me to travel somewhere. Maybe by then if there is another recall and I can get them both addressed. I just dread the dealer as many times as they‘ve f’d up all of my Honda’s or tried to sell me services I do not need. And I really don’t want them to screw up taking my dash apart and have multiple issues following that.

·
Registered
591 Posts
ProdGirl:
It sounds like you've had some poor experiences with your Honda dealer's service department. Maybe time to find another dealer for service.

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
ProdGirl:
It sounds like you've had some poor experiences with your Honda dealer's service department. Maybe time to find another dealer for service.
I’ve been to several in 3 different states, with 5 different Honda’s.
Even on my first return to the dealer with my Passport, I bought it from to get the add ons, nothing but disappointing results for very basic work.

This is why I love my Honda specialty shops that are independently owned. I never worry about being oversold services or them doing a botch job. When I do take it in for the recall, I will go the dealer that Steven goes to a bit further away that I can’t walk home from...

·
3,114 Posts
I’ve been to several in 3 different states, with 5 different Honda’s.
Even on my first return to the dealer with my Passport, I bought it from to get the add ons, nothing but disappointing results for very basic work.

This is why I love my Honda specialty shops that are independently owned. I never worry about being oversold services or them doing a botch job. When I do take it in for the recall, I will go the dealer that Steven goes to a bit further away that I can’t walk home from...

Well there's a Walmart across the street...

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
🤣🤣🤣
You know, in all seriousness we have let our Sam's Club membership lapse and because we have a Super Walmart near our summer place, we will probably go there once in a while though only to get produce and certain foods which are local and not China!

Doing we we can to RESIST the Commies! (y)

81 - 100 of 100 Posts