Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our share of Hondas (Accord, Odyssey, Pilot, Fit) and we've been pretty satisfied with our ownership experience. Looking forward to see if the Passport will be our next Honda

·
810 Posts
I'm also looking at the new RDX as well. I know it's not the same size, but my cross-shopping list is pretty broad.
I looked at it. Liked it. Didn't love it. I don't like the newfangled creases all over the car. I also wasn't sure if I'd like the little laptop track pad thingy for the entertainment center. I prefer the old fashioned tactile touch and swipe of the screen itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked at it. Liked it. Didn't love it. I don't like the newfangled creases all over the car. I also wasn't sure if I'd like the little laptop track pad thingy for the entertainment center. I prefer the old fashioned tactile touch and swipe of the screen itself.
I do like the front grill/fascia and strong logo. Very bold and aggressive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...not sure about the True Touchpad yet. Though...I like the idea of the display being almost eye level so you don't have to look down and you're also not reaching for the controls.

I do like the front grill/fascia and strong logo. Very bold and aggressive.
Yep...I like the styling. A few things that I wished they have:

-- power folding mirrors
-- Advanced package options for the A-Spec
-- surround view cameras

·
810 Posts
Yeah...not sure about the True Touchpad yet. Though...I like the idea of the display being almost eye level so you don't have to look down and you're also not reaching for the controls.
Yeah, the display in the RDX is very nice. Although I think it would've been better if they utilized the entire width of the screen instead of splitting it 80/20 (or whatever the split is). Which other cars are you looking at besides the Passport & RDX?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which is at the top of your list so far? And what do you think about the XC60?
Right now...it would be the Passport (pending pricing, and test drive).

XC60 is really nice. I like the looks and the layout of the interior. Gotta be one of the best seats I've sat in. Lots of fancy features....but also cost a lot more.

A buddy of mine said to include Mazda CX-5/CX-9 on my list. So that's another brand that I am not familiar with, but he stated that there's a lot of "bang for the buck" when it comes to their line-up.

·
810 Posts
XC60 is really nice. I like the looks and the layout of the interior. Gotta be one of the best seats I've sat in. Lots of fancy features....but also cost a lot more.
That XC60 sure looks nice. Not only is it more expensive but it apparently uses Premium Fuel which I don't wanna use. That extra cost can really add up.

A buddy of mine said to include Mazda CX-5/CX-9 on my list. So that's another brand that I am not familiar with, but he stated that there's a lot of "bang for the buck" when it comes to their line-up.
For some reason I've never considered getting a Mazda. Not sure why, I really have no good reason for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking to replace my 2003 Honda Pilot with 326,000 miles. The 2003 had almost 8" of ground clearance, and push button 4WD. I took that Pilot off road a lot for rockhounding and paid the price in engine mounts, shocks, and cracked transfer case, but I am on the same transmission and engine. I hope the Passport will have better armor, and I am concerned about the 20" wheels. Loved the Pilot and was treated well by the Penske Honda dealership that kept it going. I had been looking at the Subaru Ascent when the Passport was announced.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am looking to replace my 2003 Honda Pilot with 326,000 miles. The 2003 had almost 8" of ground clearance, and push button 4WD. I took that Pilot off road a lot for rockhounding and paid the price in engine mounts, shocks, and cracked transfer case, but I am on the same transmission and engine. I hope the Passport will have better armor, and I am concerned about the 20" wheels. Loved the Pilot and was treated well by the Penske Honda dealership that kept it going. I had been looking at the Subaru Ascent when the Passport was announced.
The Ascent looks promising. I like the captains chair on their Touring model. Also the rearview mirror camera.

I'm starting to re-look into the RDX.
I've been going back and forth and making some notes on some of the things I like that its missing. Not sure if they are real "deal breakers"

·
810 Posts
I've been going back and forth and making some notes on some of the things I like that its missing.
I've been making a similar list. Here are my concerns about the RDX:

- Multiple reports of the entertainment system being buggy.
- Trackpad can apparently be quite frustrating to use.
- Can't zoom in or out of maps (no pinch to zoom).
- I don't like the rear lights (very CRV-like).
- No spare tire unless you get the $2,000 AWD option (even then I'm not positive you get one).
- Still no Android Auto.

What's on your list of missing things??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been making a similar list. Here are my concerns about the RDX:

- Multiple reports of the entertainment system being buggy.
- Trackpad can apparently be quite frustrating to use.
- Can't zoom in or out of maps (no pinch to zoom).
- I don't like the rear lights (very CRV-like).
- No spare tire unless you get the $2,000 AWD option (even then I'm not positive you get one).
- Still no Android Auto.

What's on your list of missing things??
- power folding mirrrors
- surround view camera
- A-Spec styling with the Advanced trim
- physical shifter lever/knob
- option to use the full screen of the display

·
810 Posts
- power folding mirrrors
I believe this is on the Canada version of the RDX if you wanna move. ;)

- surround view camera
I think the Advance version of the RDX has this feature. I really wish the Passport had it.

- option to use the full screen of the display
This one baffles my mind. Why have a nice large wide screen if you can't use the entire screen??

It would make me nuts to pay a premium for the RDX and not be totally happy with it, so more than likely I won't end up with one. But who knows, as of now I'm still not 100% one way or another.

·
Registered
110 Posts
At least in some case we might be able to resolve issues ourselves like in this video covering the gyroscope issue. It shows how to access the dealers diagnostics menu...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe this is on the Canada version of the RDX if you wanna move. ;)

I think the Advance version of the RDX has this feature. I really wish the Passport had it.

This one baffles my mind. Why have a nice large wide screen if you can't use the entire screen??

It would make me nuts to pay a premium for the RDX and not be totally happy with it, so more than likely I won't end up with one. But who knows, as of now I'm still not 100% one way or another.
Power Folding Mirrors--Yes. The Canadian CR-V also has power folding mirrors. Not exactly sure why Honda won't do it on the US versions.

Aurround View Camera on RDX--Yes, they do have it....but not an option for the A-Spec.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts