Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know the shoe is on the other foot nowadays with covid and dealerships but wow! Pre covid you show even a hint of interest in a vehicle on any lot you would be getting calls/emails/texts immediately! Now? Nothing! If you don't show up on the lot forget about it.
Can't even get them to respond. Some do have inventory but just try to get a response.
The tide will eventually turn and they will be back to begging and giving discounts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree with 100% of what you said. The problem is it could be a long while before we are back to normal.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Don't be fooled, if you look at the year to date Honda/Acura sales, they are over last year for most models. There is no Honda shortage, there's just a shortage of vehicles on Honda lots. Most of these vehicles are all being sold at sticker minus rebate (if there is one) so this is a huge profit make for dealers. So when your dealer tells you there is a chip shortage push back a little bit and say more Hondas are being sold this year than last year and at huge profits so please spare me the lecture!
This summer I purchased 2 RAV4's with the first one I inquired turns out the online inventory wasn't real but my daughter was visiting a friend and saw a row of RAV's just unloaded form the transporter. You would have thought the dealer would have called me but nope I called them and not all of the deliveries were sold so we did a deal at sticker minus rebate. Pretty much the same story with the second one at a different dealer but they lied and asked if I wanted to test drive it, I said I'd buy it. When I got there no inventory except for a Hybrid with balloons on it at the front of the dealership. They didn't even know they had it at first. I purchased it. I hope we just go to a manufacturer to consumer model and pick up your car at the dealer I don't think inventories will ever be there again, dealers are making too much profit now.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
601 Posts
I always get treated like trash when I walk into a dealership, nothing has seemed to change on my end. ;)

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
266 Posts
Supply low + demand high = higher prices

I quit working at a Honda dealership last month because I could not make enough money due to the inventory shortage. My corporate representative from Honda said that Honda does not expect that they will be back to normal until third quarter 2022 at least.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The numbers aren't in for November, but here's the sales numbers, for passports. LINK

Reactions: Gatorgibson

·
Registered
2022 Passport EXL
17 Posts
Which model? What did you not like about it?
2012 Outback. Way underpowered. Thats probably what led to the transmission issues. (flooring it to get up a hill).
Noisy ride. Leather seats were very uncomfortable.
Worst of all- Subaru didn't stand behind their poor engineering. Reminds me of GM during the 70's - 80's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts