Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my air conditioning in this Passport comes on and runs fine while the car is running down the road. If you have to stop at a light the pump clicks on and off and quits producing cold air it comes on for a few seconds then goes off, whats the problem is it the temp sender that goe,s in the Condenser or thermo cupler, it,s 115 degrees outside I need my air. please help.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
Is it because of the Auto Engine Stop?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Make sure Auto Start/Stop is turned off by pressing the rearmost button on the console. You will see an orange icon in the upper left section of the dash display. The AC compressor will shut off under certain conditions when the PP is stopped, say like at a stop light then restart when taking off. This may be the cause of your symptoms. AC will not shut off when Auto Start/Stop is deactivated. Also set the temp to lo and the have the AC set to recirc. Hopes this helps you stay cool!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Generally, I believe it’s because the engine is not turning fast enough to run the compressor efficiently at idle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think the Honda air conditions sucks in general. I have various ford trucks for my business and the air in the trucks is like being in the Arctic circle.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think the Honda air conditions sucks in general. I have various ford trucks for my business and the air in the trucks is like being in the Arctic circle.
I agree. I’ve had 16 Honda’s and their ac’s have never been great. I’ve always found that the domestic brands have the best and will freeze you out the car.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Depends on one's individual experiences. I know the PP we have works as well as the last Ford we owned and works equal to or better than the two BMWs we currently own, one of which is a 2018.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,573 Posts
My 85 Prelude had A/C issues, but it was when it was like 9-10 years old...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Totally agree. My 2012 Passat BLASTS ice cold air, no problem. The Passport is just adequate.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Your vehicles air conditioning temperature exiting the vents should be in the shaded area of the chart. Please be mindful, that an A/C system works best in low temperature and low humidity levels. Temperature and humidity directly impact how effective an A/C system works because the Condenser (located in front of the vehicle) relies on cool air to pass through it to draw heat from the system. IF the air passing through it is hot, or humid, or worse, BOTH, its effectiveness is reduced significantly resulting in warmer than normal air.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
377 Posts
My A/C works great! I set it at 70 degrees and it keeps me cool on the hottest summer days.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
301 Posts
No complaints with the A/C in our Passport. It's been in the mid 90's all last week with humidity to match creating a heat index of about 103* -105*, set the A/C between 68* to 70* and it's very comfortable. In fact my wife complains it's too cold. 🥶

·
Registered
488 Posts
Make sure Auto Start/Stop is turned off by pressing the rearmost button on the console. You will see an orange icon in the upper left section of the dash display. The AC compressor will shut off under certain conditions when the PP is stopped, say like at a stop light then restart when taking off. This may be the cause of your symptoms. AC will not shut off when Auto Start/Stop is deactivated. Also set the temp to lo and the have the AC set to recirc. Hopes this helps you stay cool!
Also be sure to have Eco off. The manual states that having it on will affect the AC performance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I guess I was misunderstood...I'm not saying the air-conditioning does not work I am simply saying that it is not as good as other vehicles I own or have previously owned. My air works fine it just takes much longer to get to temp than say my new 2020 f-250. That thing will freeze steaks in about 30 seconds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts