Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last Honda, a 2005 Odyssey, had a great feature that if a door were left open, or not well-closed, it would give a quick 3 beeps instead of a single horn blast when you tried to lock it remotely. This was great for catching my attention when walking away in a parking lot, headed into the house, etc.

Can the Passport (mine is an EX-L), or any Honda, still do that? As programmed currently, I seem to get a single beep when locking (and in my opinion, not a loud enough beep), and no beep if a door is ajar.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I know for sure that it beeps multiple times if you walk away from an unlocked Passport with the keys on you. Not sure if it works differently with an open door, though. I'd have to test that.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,116 Posts
I know for sure that it beeps multiple times if you walk away from an unlocked Passport with the keys on you. Not sure if it works differently with an open door, though. I'd have to test that.
I used to be this guy, but I went and selected the Auto-lock feature!

Now I just close the door and walk away, when you get about 8-10 feet away, there is one more beep and you can also hear the doors lock!

I love this feature, as I now NEVER worry about if I locked it or not and don't need the mirrors to close (as a visual reminder)!

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I used to be this guy, but I went and selected the Auto-lock feature!
I'm this guy too (on AutoLock) but I've discovered that if the trunk/hatch was opened it sometimes doesn't lock the doors when you walk away. So it alerts you by beeping like 5 times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm this guy too (on AutoLock) but I've discovered that if the trunk/hatch was opened it sometimes doesn't lock the doors when you walk away. So it alerts you by beeping like 5 times.
So far I cannot make the multi-beep happen, but I will check it out again this weekend.
Thx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had the multiple beeps happen several times. I open the trunk / hatch with the button on the drivers door when getting out, then the truck / hatch is the last door closed. As I start to walk away is when the multiple beep happens letting me know the car is not locked.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I agree with lunArgentum, the beep when pushing the black button on the door handle is too soft, especially when in a loud area. I can clearly hear all the doors locking, its the beep acknowledging they are locked that is too soft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts