Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So I just programmed the Homelink button for my 2019 Passport. Now my garage door is randomly opening and closing on it's own. I had a Honda CRV for 3 years and never had a problem with the Homelink. Anyone else having a problem like this?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sorry you are having this problem. I have not had any issues with my opener. I suggest unplugging your opener for a few minutes then go through the setup procedure again.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I own a garage door business, your problem is most likely not the homelink, but something else. Doors opening and closing on their own is referred to as 'phantom operation' and it has all been eliminated in garage door openers from the mid 90s and newer. I need more information about your opener (not the remote, the part on the ceiling). brand? how old is it? do you have the photo cell safety beam? have you installed any new LED lights in the garage or use LED bulbs in the opener? I will try and help once I know more info...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2021 EXL and Genie garage openers about 10 years old. The homelink of a Toyota Venza 2013 works fine for both doors. I followed the manual instructions to program the Passport homelink buttons and I got the indicated response from the button lights, however when trying to operate the opener none of them worked.
Just checking for some advise before going to the dealer....
Thank you.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I had no problem getting my over 10 year old openers to work on the 1st try. But I know some have had some problems that they rectified by having the PP parked as close to the opener as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts