Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
822 Posts
Well, I paid $288 delivered for the OEM kit which included the hitch and harness off Amazon. And then paid $88 delivered for the alternate kick sensor. So, got in just under $400 plus my labor. Yes, it would of been easier on my Touring to have not removed the sign panel. I just did it half way and installed most of it blind.
Do you have the link to that kit on Amazon for $288?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just looked. It is not in stock anymore from vendor I bought it from. That’s the curse of Amazon. I believe the link is in an earlier post on this thread.

·
Registered
291 Posts
BKHonda dot com has 25% off of shipping when you use code BK299 on orders of $299 & more.
The OEM Hitch & plastic bumper panel cover 08L92-TGS-100 = $244.08
The handsfree power tailgate adapter (required on Passports that already have the handsfree Kick option installed) is # 08L91-TGS-100A = $75.90
If you do not have the handsfree kick tailgate option already installed, then you do not need part # 08L91-TGS-100A

Today I Entered code BK299 and the parts $244.08 + 75.90 + code BK299 = $323.92

I got my wiring harness (c56291) from etrailer dot com for $36.03

Reactions: Beachbum07

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the factory harness. Download the instructions for factory install from Bernardi Parts or one of the other OEM online sellers. Access is via removal of the bin on the left side of the vehicle and the under cargo tray. To access the factory harness and connector, a mirror to view up along the side will be helpful. The factory connector is taped around the main harness. You will need to unwrap the tape or carefully cut it to free the connector.
Got it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the OEM hitch, wiring harness AND ATF cooler for $848 installed. I'm getting too old for all that work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Only for the next 24 hours, BK Honda just announced 50% off shipping. Use code BKP50

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just to be clear, I have a Passport Elite and am putting the OEM hitch on next week. Yes, I have the kick sensor but do I really need to buy the 08L91-TGS-100A or will it work without it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just to be clear, I have a Passport Elite and am putting the OEM hitch on next week. Yes, I have the kick sensor but do I really need to buy the 08L91-TGS-100A or will it work without it?
08L91-TGS-100A is the hitch wiring harness. If you will not be towing a trailer (with lights, etc), you do not need to install the wiring harness. It can be installed at a later time. The hands-free tailgate sensor needs to be replaced, if you wish to retain this functionality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks DudeCS. Got my part numbers mixed up. Actually not a fan of the kick sensor so may not be worth it.
I say skip it - I wish I would have. Paid $90 for the honor of reducing the effective range of the kick sensor to two inches. Very difficult to hit the sweet spot now.

The reason for the sensor relocation kit is because the lower sensor antenna resides where the new hitch opening will be. If you choose to not get the relocation kit your options are remove the sensor and antennas altogether or try and cobble the old/longer antennae into the new fascia.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I say skip it - I wish I would have. Paid $90 for the honor of reducing the effective range of the kick sensor to two inches. Very difficult to hit the sweet spot now.
The sweet spot is to use your shin and target the right bump on the bumper valance (not under the bumper). It works consistently.

IMG_5603.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts

The reason for the sensor relocation kit is because the lower sensor antenna resides where the new hitch opening will be. If you choose to not get the relocation kit your options are remove the sensor and antennas altogether or try and cobble the old/longer antennae into the new fascia.
Has anyone successfully done the latter?

·
Registered
444 Posts
It looks like a PITA to install.
The most difficult part is removing the bumper valance. If you are installing the OEM hitch, you will be removing the valance and the original sensor. This is the time to replace the hands-free tailgate sensor with the shorten antenna. With the bumper valance off, it is easy. It is not easily changed after the valance has been reinstalled with the bumper.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts