Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put a hitch on my ‘22 Elite model and was wondering if people on this forum have any suggestions. Is it best to just disconnect the rear gate sensor? Is there a need for any upgrades to the cooling to pull a load that would consist of a 6’x12’ trailer with furniture loads? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks much.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Passport can tow up to 5,000 lbs with the mandatory transmission cooler installed. The original liftgate kick sensor will need to be removed for the vehicle to accommodate the hitch, ask your dealer for replacement options, this forum also has posts by Passport owner who reduced the length of their original sensor in other for it to fit.

·
Registered
'22 Sonic Gray Pearl Trailsport
25 Posts
I don't have the sensor but the installation video on the E trailer web site shows the sensor working after a Draw-Tite hitch was installed. I didn't want to deal with changing the rear bumper cover so I went with the Draw-Tite and the T-1 wiring harness was a cinch. The factory Honda hitch mounts higher than the Draw-Tite, which mounts below the bumper.

go to 1:45 of the video.

As for the transmission cooler, there's a nation wide back order with no end in site. I keep getting told 3 weeks and it's been 4.

Reactions: jppelec

·
Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
166 Posts
I would like to put a hitch on my ‘22 Elite model and was wondering if people on this forum have any suggestions. Is it best to just disconnect the rear gate sensor? Is there a need for any upgrades to the cooling to pull a load that would consist of a 6’x12’ trailer with furniture loads? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks much.
I have an Elite which has the sensor. That said, I never use it. I just touch the hatch and it opens... IMHO the relocate option is a waste of money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally got my hitch kit installed at the dealership today on my 2022 Passport Trailsport - took about 2 months to get the transmission cooler in - now that the kit is installed, I need to install all the NLD skid plates I ordered previously

·
Registered
278 Posts
Finally got my hitch kit installed at the dealership today on my 2022 Passport Trailsport - took about 2 months to get the transmission cooler in - now that the kit is installed, I need to install all the NLD skid plates I ordered previously
Don't forget a brake controller if you're planning on pulling a trailer, boat, or camper...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts