Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of the Ridgeline coming from back to back full size pickups that I rarely utilized all that hauling space for. Then saw and thought, WOW Look at That! The Passport! I like, I really like the look, and what it has to offer.

It's a first year production, resurrected from before. Are there any associated / typical concerns with this type of a scenario with Honda?
(coming from driving GM products, I learned the hard way a few times. Even 2-3 production years out, big issues!)

·
Super Moderator
973 Posts
It's a first year production, resurrected from before. Are there any associated / typical concerns with this type of a scenario with Honda?
1. Resurrected in name only. It's a completely 100% different car. The previous Passport was actually an Isuzu Rodeo.
2. The Passport is basically a Pilot, just shorter and without a 3rd row. So, for the most part, it's not really a first year production vehicle.

Hope that helps. :)

·
461 Posts
Hey guy or gal/the PP is an awesome choice - have had a few personal experiences with buying a new model (ex 2003 4Runner, 2018 Accord) and never had a problem of course anything can pop up but I haven’t had an issue with my PP yet ?- good luck ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Resurrected in name only. It's a completely 100% different car. The previous Passport was actually an Isuzu Rodeo.
2. The Passport is basically a Pilot, just shorter and without a 3rd row. So, for the most part, it's not really a first year production vehicle.

I figured it would be virtually the same vehicle, and should most likely be free of any new model issues for the most part. A 6" shortened, 3rd seat gone, Pilot in a sense; with different aesthetics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guy or gal/the PP is an awesome choice - have had a few personal experiences with buying a new model (ex 2003 4Runner, 2018 Accord) and never had a problem of course anything can pop up but I haven’t had an issue with my PP yet ?- good luck ?
100% Guy, as I stated "Guy" nothing else in the works / transitional here.. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a 2018 Ridgeline Black Edition for 1 1/2 days. I have to say, I didn't want to return that thing! I suspect the Passport has the same ride, same features. I of course would like a lot or most of the bells and whistles.

Are there any incentives for purchasing currently?
(I reside in S/E Michigan)

When does Honda bring out the next model year, i.e. 2020 ?

What does an Elite, pretty well equipped / loaded cost out the door ?

Thank You Kindly!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Our HP is our first Honda vehicle. And I get it, the loyalty. Great vehicle. You won't be disappointed owing a Honda.

(y)

Reactions: rls002 and mund1

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had a 2018 Ridgeline Black Edition for 1 1/2 days. I have to say, I didn't want to return that thing! I suspect the Passport has the same ride, same features. I of course would like a lot or most of the bells and whistles.
Are there any incentives for purchasing currently?
(I reside in S/E Michigan)
When does Honda bring out the next model year, i.e. 2020 ?
What does an Elite, pretty well equipped / loaded cost out the door ?

Thank You Kindly!
My brother has a 2017 Ridgeline and when he rode as a front seat passenger in my Passport, he said it rode a bit firmer than his Ridgeline. Not surprising since the Passport is marketed as an off-road adverture vehicle (whatever that means). 20" low profile tires will give a firmer ride and I suspect the Passport has different shocks than the Ridgeline.
Likely we won't see incentives until later in the year if at all. I wouldn't expect any design changes in the 2020 models, which will proably be released early next year.
No way to give you an out the door cost, not knowing what Michigan dealers charge for doc fee, DMV, tax, etc. Discounts off MSRP of $3,000+ seem to be fairly common.

Reactions: mund1

·
Registered
154 Posts

I am not one to purposely denigrate the Passport as I am in the same boat as MUND1. THe PP is at the top of my list (closest competition is the Mazda CX-5). I must say, however, the Passport, and therefore the more 'established' Pilot should not be having some of the issues as described in this forum given that the issues are the same for both vehicles. This is why I am taking my time, monitoring this forum, and looking forward to a Black Forest Pearl Touring or Elite for 2020 or late 2019.

Reactions: mund1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank You Kindly for the replies!

Back when I was considering, and looking at the Ridgeline, driving through a local dealers lot. I didn't see much for stock on the lot. The same thing for the Passport too. It seems limited. Is it best to order with the options / accessories or are they mostly dealer installed anyway?

If ordering, is there a lengthy wait in doing so?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been thinking of the Ridgeline coming from back to back full size pickups that I rarely utilized all that hauling space for. Then saw and thought, WOW Look at That! The Passport! I like, I really like the look, and what it has to offer.

(coming from driving GM products, I learned the hard way a few times. Even 2-3 production years out, big issues!)
This is my third Honda (two highway vehicles and one UTV). I would guess that GM cars, and most others, will have significantly worse problem statistics than Honda. Honda seems to me to be very adept at creating vehicles that outclass their competitors, even though perusal of specification sheets might indicate otherwise. It’s all about emergent properties - all of the Honda vehicles I have owned have proven to be much more than the sum of their parts. I hope 2019 finds you in a Passport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts