Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a new '21 Touring came into my possession and I LOVE IT.
Had an '11 CRV before and while it was a great ride (and paid off) I just couldn't deny myself any longer.
Loved the Modern Steel color on the CRV that I had to get it in the Passport.

This thing in the snow is a beast! Just driving around you can tell its footprint on the road is that much better than the old CRV with winters on it.

Unsure what (if anything) I'll be adding but I definitely have been looking at an alternate set of wheels/tires and maybe a RTT.

The only gripe I have is that I've noticed a delay in changing from P to R to D etc.

Anywho..... Here's a picture.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,988 Posts
The snow really plays tricks with the color and turns it a cool purple ish color.
And I had the same, MSM CRV before the Passport.
I still love it until I see a stormtrooper on here!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Welcome. It looks good with a little frosting on top.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,825 Posts
Congrats and welcome, imagine how much better some A/T or snow tires would be in the snow...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had an '11 CRV before and while it was a great ride (and paid off) I just couldn't deny myself any longer.

This thing in the snow is a beast! Just driving around you can tell its footprint on the road is that much better than the old CRV with winters on it.

Unsure what (if anything) I'll be adding but I definitely have been looking at an alternate set of wheels/tires and maybe a RTT.

The only gripe I have is that I've noticed a delay in changing from P to R to D etc.

View attachment 9521
View attachment 9522
It takes about 1.5 seconds to shift electronically.

·
Registered
19 Posts

View attachment 9521
View attachment 9522
Have you taken this p/p through a car wash yet ? Your in for a rude awakening.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,988 Posts
Have you taken this p/p through a car wash yet ? Your in for a rude awakening.
Can you please discuss why you have mentioned the car wash mode, about a dozen times and never going into details? If you do not want to discuss it, maybe quit bringing it up...

Thanks.

Reactions: JRJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you please discuss why you have mentioned the car wash mode, about a dozen times and never going into details? If you do not want to discuss it, maybe quit bringing it up...

Thanks.
OK JRJ. I purchased a 2021 P/P and the dealer failed to go over the Car Wash Mode with me. I went to the car wash, this is a car wash that requires you to stay in the car while it gets pulled through the car wash. I placed the p/p in neutral as I always did with my RDX. When I got about 6 ft from the exit light the p/p went into park and the car behind me ran into the rear of my p/p. Upon returning home I went through the Owners Manual and found the section "Car Wash Mode'. It tells you what to do with the transmission when going through a car wash that requires you to get out of the car. It does not tell you what to do with the transmission when going through a car wash that requires you to stay in the car. Hope I explained it clear enough for you to now understand what I am referring to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK JRJ. I purchased a 2021 P/P and the dealer failed to go over the Car Wash Mode with me. I went to the car wash, this is a car wash that requires you to stay in the car while it gets pulled through the car wash. I placed the p/p in neutral as I always did with my RDX. When I got about 6 ft from the exit light the p/p went into park and the car behind me ran into the rear of my p/p. Upon returning home I went through the Owners Manual and found the section "Car Wash Mode'. It tells you what to do with the transmission when going through a car wash that requires you to get out of the car. It does not tell you what to do with the transmission when going through a car wash that requires you to stay in the car. Hope I explained it clear enough for you to now understand what I am referring to.
I'll check that out in the manual! I've taken it through the carwash several times w/ no issues but I'm all for avoiding future issues!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I pay monthly for a first class automated car wash. When I enter I turn off my wipers, bring in the mirrors and switch to neutral followed by a 2 second push on the neutral button until my dash reads ‘carwash mode‘. Simple.

At the end I push the button to fold out the mirrors and push the D button while lightly depressing the brake pedal. Simple. Clean Car. I do this about 10 times a month.

To the OP - We’re in Kalispell in the summer, but not the winter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll check that out in the manual! I've taken it through the carwash several times w/ no issues but I'm all for avoiding future issues!
Did you go through a car wash where you stay in the car and if so just what did you do to set the car for the wash ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I pay monthly for a first class automated car wash. When I enter I turn off my wipers, bring in the mirrors and switch to neutral followed by a 2 second push on the neutral button until my dash reads ‘carwash mode‘. Simple.

At the end I push the button to fold out the mirrors and push the D button while lightly depressing the brake pedal. Simple. Clean Car. I do this about 10 times a month.

To the OP - We’re in Kalispell in the summer, but not the winter.
Well, I'm going to try it again. tks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts