·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good one but smaller than Passport.

Toyota Safety Sense (TSS 2.0), which is already standard on all 2019 RAV4 models, includes a long roster of active-safety technologies and capabilities:

• Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
  • Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
  • Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
  • Automatic High Beam (AHB)
  • Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
  • Road Sign Assist (RSA)
Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and Rear Cross Traffic Braking (RCTB) system will also be standard on the 2020 RAV4 TRD Off-Road.

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
That sounds nice, but nearly every review of the new RAV 4 complains about it being under-powered (the 203hp feels like 180hp) and the engine noise upon hard accelleration. Now I love Toyota too, and would not mind having one, except that when I built an Adventure Model, with the FULL electonics package and some normal accessories, it topped out at just over $40k, so I can only imagine that this TDR version will be MORE than the top of the line Passport (and stll have that wimpy 4cyl engine!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glad to see that Toyota is finally giving some proper updates to their long running models. Look forward to seeing some off road head to head tests with the Passport.

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
Hey Lakers fan, waiting is one thing, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that 2020 RAV4 TRD version: a fully loaded 2019 Adventure model, with some options is over $40K, and already has the AWD, with the various mud/snow modes. So they will be adding some off-road shocks, some thin metal plating under the front & rear ends, some graphics and two-tone threads on their non-leather seats and bump the price up to $45k - without any improvements to their wimpy 4cyl under-powered engine!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Lakers fan, waiting is one thing, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that 2020 RAV4 TRD version: a fully loaded 2019 Adventure model, with some options is over $40K, and already has the AWD, with the various mud/snow modes. So they will be adding some off-road shocks, some thin metal plating under the front & rear ends, some graphics and two-tone threads on their non-leather seats and bump the price up to $45k - without any improvements to their wimpy 4cyl under-powered engine!
I'm still leaning towards a passport as finally got to drive one, but..... Drove the 19 rav4 adventure whatever its called and its not all that wimpy

·
Registered
18 Posts
$40k for 203hp?? No thank you! I'm also looking forward to the 2020 ford bronco. That might be the one for me...
I’m curious about the 2020 bronco too. Most RAV4 Adenture that I’ve seen here in Southern California very between $34,000 and $37,000. I’m going to test drive one this weekend, more out of curiosity than anything else. I’ll be curious to see if the Toyota dealers play ball a little more than the Honda dealers did for me

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
Oh, man, you need to be there: lakerground.net, check it out! I'm a bit older and go back to the 80's Showtime.. but I recall watching Kobe play in the Summer League at the Long Beach Pyramid... cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts