Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Original poster here with an update...
My system reported there was a software update ready to be installed, so I did that and out of curiousity I tried uploading to My Honda Music. It now works! All the previous suggestions in this thread were unsuccessful, so apparently there was something in the old software preventing file uploads.

Reactions: DudeCS

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
My system reported there was a software update ready to be installed, so I did that and out of curiousity I tried uploading to My Honda Music. It now works! All the previous suggestions in this thread were unsuccessful, so apparently there was something in the old software preventing file uploads.
Excellent!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
The system also now "speaks" received texts, which it wouldn't do before the recent software update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exactly the same issue happens to my odyssey. I tried different usb, fat 32 and system is up to date. Still no luck, any suggestions? Thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been trying to upload mp3 music files to My Honda Music. Followed the directions in the manual and onscreen. Selected upload files, selected transfer, upload status bar appears and completes in a few seconds, but then system reports no files in My Honda Music. What am I doing wrong?
It also turns out that you can't upload any files larger than 20MB. This is totally useless. My old Honda Pilot had a CD player and it would rip the audio files from the CD while it was playing it and copy them to the internal hard drive. This Honda MyMusic thing is completely terrible. I would NOT have bought this car if I had realized that there was no CD player and no way to import my old music.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It also turns out that you can't upload any files larger than 20MB. This is totally useless. My old Honda Pilot had a CD player and it would rip the audio files from the CD while it was playing it and copy them to the internal hard drive. This Honda MyMusic thing is completely terrible. I would NOT have bought this car if I had realized that there was no CD player and no way to import my old music.
Well then you should blame the music industry's AMLC for that not Honda. It was the AMLC that forced auto makers to pull the ripping ability from vehicles as the ripping component was in the view of the AMLC pirating music when it ripped the music. That component was provided by the vehicle manufacturer there for THEY were considered the offending entity.

Keep in mind that Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM, BMW etc. are all big entities worth billions of dollars and a pirating lawsuit would cost millions of dollars as the auto maker is complicit in the ripping of music they do not own.

You on the other hand are in all likelihood not worth the effort to sue if you rip some songs and put them on a jump drive to drop into your Honda Music. So you really need to thank the music industry that you support every time you buy a CD of music.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,911 Posts
Music files should be 1-3 MB, never more than 4-5MB! If you have 20MB files (individual songs) something is wrong with the way you formatted them.

Reactions: HarveyW

·
Registered
867 Posts
I just recently got around to filling up the approx. 8GB HD on my PP. All CDs ripped as MP3s using Windows Media Player at the lowest quality. All told now have about 2200 songs loaded on the PP and they sound great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to revive a year-old thread... I Just got a 2022 Honda Passport, started uploading MP3's. No Problem! EXCEPT the 20 mB limit has blocked about half my collection! If you're into Prog like me, you know there have been literally hundreds* of 15+ min. songs released over the past 40 years, not just "In A Gadda Da Vida". And, what about classical fans? This is a really sucky curveball.

*Tull, Yes, Genesis, ELP, Neal Morse, Ayreon, Arena, Glass Hammer, TransAtlantic, Flower Kings, Salem Hill, Spock's Beard, Mystery, IQ, Flying Colors,..I'm sure some could double the list in another minute.

·
Super Moderator
2,911 Posts
I’ve tried adding some new music 3x, to my Honda music and the transfer goes through but they won’t show up in the playlist but they’ll show up in the folders which doesn’t help when I’m driving and I have to go search the folders to find my new Kings of Leon music!
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,911 Posts
I’m still having issues uploading new music. Should I wipe the hard drive in my Passport and start over?
Any repercussions to doing this?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I’m still having issues uploading new music. Should I wipe the hard drive in my Passport and start over?
Any repercussions to doing this?
I wish I could help but no one in my family bothers to use the very basic music playing/management app in the Passport, we use Musicolet to play music files stored on our phone either through Bluetooth connection to the car or via Android Auto. The Passport has awesome audio hardware and space for hardware improvement for audio purists but the software end is extremely frustrating, restrictive and outdated. The file management capabilities and the instructions in the manual are stuck in the 80s, you can't create your own playlists or arrange your music files to suit your mood on the on the fly, you can't adjust equalizer settings while playing, getting the files stored on the internal hard drive takes ages and you have to work with a straitjacket on what is acceptable.

Consider switching to Musicolet for ease in managing and playing your music files.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts