Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so got my hitch and wiring from Honda today. Installed hitch no problem. Get to the wiring and starting thinking I've never seen this before. I cannot figure out where this harness is supposed to plug in once it enters the vehicle. Of course it didn't come with directions, and the official Honda parts site is claiming there are no directions for any accessory parts as of right now... Can someone please take pictures of the wiring.. It would help a lot!

·
Registered
22 Posts
did you take the rear bumper off or did you manage to get your hand and a wrench wedged up in that tight spot to get the bolts off and the panel removed?

Ok so got my hitch and wiring from Honda today. Installed hitch no problem. Get to the wiring and starting thinking I've never seen this before. I cannot figure out where this harness is supposed to plug in once it enters the vehicle. Of course it didn't come with directions, and the official Honda parts site is claiming there are no directions for any accessory parts as of right now... Can someone please take pictures of the wiring.. It would help a lot!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to get my hand up there to get the top two bolts out. It was pretty easy actually. Hard part was getting them back in. Still much easier than taking the entire bumper off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
finished mine up today. Biggest pain was I stripped the two philips head screws for the tie down hooks. I had to drill then out and get new screws from Lowes. Other than that the job is fairly easy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the honda trailer hitch installed. Directions for honda wiring harness say hitch needs to be removed at one point to finish harness installation and then reinstall hitch. Anyone know if this removal and then installation of hitch is really necessary to install trailer wiring harness?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the honda trailer hitch installed. Directions for honda wiring harness say hitch needs to be removed at one point to finish harness installation and then reinstall hitch. Anyone know if this removal and then installation of hitch is really necessary to install trailer wiring harness?
Not necessary at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts