Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone on the forum has access to Honda's maintenance database and can read schematics. I'm trying to find out if/what is between the head unit and the amplifier. The parts tech at my local dealership said he didn't think there was any device between them..... but looking at the harness pinouts on both devices, it doesn't match up. You'll see below that there are harness level outputs on the head unit for the F/R/SW. However, looking at the amplifier diagram, I can only find outputs on that device as well. There are no inputs. Could anyone explain how that speaker signals come into the amplifier? I was hoping to use a 16ga 10 core cable to run directly between the devices to bypass all of the different harnesses and termination points.

Thanks in advance.

Font Material property Parallel Paper Pattern

Head Unit Outputs

Font Material property Parallel Number Handwriting

Amplifier First Plug

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Paper

Amplifier First Plug (continued)

Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

Amplifier Second Plug

Font Parallel Paper Paper product Handwriting

Amplifier Third Plug

· Registered
49 Posts
So what does the head unit connect to directly? Something has to bundle the signals onto that (wonderfully proprietary) bus.
Its like a ring bus. One wire is receive (RX), the other is transmit (TX). I believe off the top of my head the network topology is gauge control module > Infotainment > Tuner > amplifier then back to gauge control module on Passports.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its like a ring bus. One wire is receive (RX), the other is transmit (TX). I believe off the top of my head the network topology is gauge control module > Infotainment > Tuner > amplifier then back to gauge control module on Passports.
WOW.... I don't think they could've put more points of failure into that if they tried :/ So much for me simplifying the wiring...

· Registered
49 Posts
So wait a minute..... I know the head unit has a MOST connection as well. If the music is transferred to the amplifier through that bus...... what is the purpose of the speaker wire outputs?
I'm looking up a Touring Passport. The wiring diagrams have all speakers coming from the amp. The A connector in your pic for the headunit does not line up with what I am looking at. Connector A is a 20pin connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts