Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2019 Passport EXL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Respectfully stopping in the say Good evening, posted pic of my Passport with my “4 legged daughter” in the back in ME on the N. Atlantic. I’m a long time Pilot owner, just great products - big switch going to AWD, I detailed it earlier that day in the pic, as it would be clean a very short ride up the 1000 ft Dway- glad the garage is heated👍👍

· Registered
2019 Passport EXL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much to the both of you for your hospitality. If I may take a second of your time to ask you about warranty agreements( Non Honda but offered by dealership , non powertrain only) What's your opinion? I'm thinking of buying one ( $1,600-$2000) over the life of the contract ( 5 yrs in this case or 150,000) and labor up here at the dealership being $150/hr, seems like a no brainer given the electrical complexity of the Passport- I just like eliminating as much uncertainty as possible, ME is a pretty big state driving 15000 miles/yr is pretty standard.
Thank you for your time and insight

· Registered
907 Posts
Thank you very much to the both of you for your hospitality. If I may take a second of your time to ask you about warranty agreements( Non Honda but offered by dealership , non powertrain only) What's your opinion? I'm thinking of buying one ( $1,600-$2000) over the life of the contract ( 5 yrs in this case or 150,000) and labor up here at the dealership being $150/hr, seems like a no brainer given the electrical complexity of the Passport- I just like eliminating as much uncertainty as possible, ME is a pretty big state driving 15000 miles/yr is pretty standard.
Thank you for your time and insight
This might just be me but I'm averse to buying dealer warranties. In your position I will ask for Honda's own Extended Warranty, that is easier to trust and you have several perks attached including roadside assistant, concierge support and towing service, you can also do warranty covered service at any Honda dealer nationwide.

Ask your dealer for a printout on what's covered under their in-house warranty and Honda's Extended Warranty, then compare both and see what works for you.

· Registered
368 Posts
Respectfully stopping in the say Good evening, posted pic of my Passport with my “4 legged daughter” in the back in ME on the N. Atlantic. I’m a long time Pilot owner, just great products - big switch going to AWD, I detailed it earlier that day in the pic, as it would be clean a very short ride up the 1000 ft Dway- glad the garage is heated👍👍
Welcome to the family!

· Registered
2019 Passport EXL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might just be me but I'm averse to buying dealer warranties. In your position I will ask for Honda's own Extended Warranty, that is easier to trust and you have several perks attached including roadside assistant, concierge support and towing service, you can also do warranty covered service at any Honda dealer nationwide.

Ask your dealer for a printout on what's covered under their in-house warranty and Honda's Extended Warranty, then compare both and see what works for you.
Thank you very much, that's good intuition, I might just call Honda directly, maybe I can buy it through them and go around the dealer

· Registered
2019 Passport EXL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome! I just bought a 19 EX-L too! Obsidian Blue! Looking forward to learning from all of you. I’ve had lots of Hondas, but this is my first Passport.
Hi Daisy my name is Mark, Thank you for stopping in, ne too 2 Pilots previously incl an 05 that I sold in 2020 at 25% of what I paid originally 🙏 c below, I can’t fix ‘em but I can detail em!!

Attachments

· Registered
2019 Passport EXL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Dennis fir the hospitality, greatly appreciated R u a long time Honda owner? I’ve owned Pilots but this Passport is certainly “ A Walk on the wild side”😂😂😂

· Registered
2023 PP Elite Sonic Gray Pearl
25 Posts
Thank you Dennis fir the hospitality, greatly appreciated R u a long time Honda owner? I’ve owned Pilots but this Passport is certainly “ A Walk on the wild side”😂😂😂
No worries! The Passport is new to me too, but I've owned Hondas forever and a day. I've had numerous Accords in the past. My wife drives an Odyssey and am the original owner of a 2006 S2000.

What brought you to change up to a Passport?

· Registered
2019 Passport EXL
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries! The Passport is new to me too, but I've owned Hondas forever and a day. I've had numerous Accords in the past. My wife drives an Odyssey and am the original owner of a 2006 S2000.

What brought you to change up to a Passport?
Hi Dennis, I think the most compelling reason is the inherent diver safety oriented electronics, I'm not a techno gadget person but those features allow me to drive more safely as I age and thus sustain my independence etc. I'm not dead yet and am very active and daily Thank God for the blessing to sustain my independence

· Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
93 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts