Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2022 Passport Elite has the heated windshield feature. The manual has a note that it's on "Canadian models only", so I was surprised when I saw mine did indeed have the button to activate it. I may never use it though as I don't need to drive early on a cold frosty morning where I've parked it outside.

I'd like to hear from other 2022 Elite owners if you also have the heated windshield.

· Registered
2021 Passport Elite
552 Posts
That’s interesting. I wonder if the dealership purchased it in Canada and resold it here. There was a very large Ford dealership on Long Island that did that, problem was the warranty was thru the dealership and not Ford.

· Registered
56 Posts
The "heated windshield" is actually a "heated windshield wiper area" - there are heating elements along the bottom and left side of the windshield. It's not like some makes and models where the entire windshield is heated. In Canada, Honda calls this feature a "front wiper de-icer".

The heated windshield wiper area was a surprise feature on 2021-2022 US Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition trims as well - it's not advertised, but the models have it. These vehicles also have auto-dimming side mirrors as well - another unadvertised features.

· Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s interesting. I wonder if the dealership purchased it in Canada and resold it here. There was a very large Ford dealership on Long Island that did that, problem was the warranty was thru the dealership and not Ford.
No that's not it. The window sticker lists the (U.S.) dealer I bought it from.

· Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of the Trailsport's and Elite's that we have gotten have heated windshield's and I am in Kentucky.
Thanks for the info. The "Canadian models only" note in the manual must be a carry over from earlier years when it was only available in Canada.

· Registered
82 Posts
I'm pleased to have the heated windshield on my 2022 Passport/Trailsport. One of the reasons I didn't want to trade in my Defender was it had the heated windshield. I didn't think I'd find anything comparable so Honda really surprised me here. On JLR's vehicles if you option in the heated windshield there are visible heating elements through the entire windshield running from top to bottom. Some people are annoyed by the 'look' of those but I got used to it, if you wear readers it probably blurs itself out anyway. :) Really nice to have the heated windshield when you're up north like me with no garage during a harsh winter. The Honda 'solution' which is confined to the lower portion is at least as far as I'm aware the closest thing to what JLR offers. Honestly even though it's confined to the lower portion of the windshield I can't complain, it works quite well especially when paired with the remote start, heated steering wheel, heated seats all of which come on during a remote start session in cold temperatures. JLR was idiotic with their implementation, none of the cold climate features (which you paid extra for btw) even came on with remote start. <smh> The Passport is a joy so far as a daily driver. I didn't give up much... well, ok maybe a few things, air suspension, front camera 360, plus the shock-and-awe of it, Defender has some of that, but on balance I feel like I gained a lot and lowered my payment a huge chunk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts