Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be buying another Passport (2021 EX-L AWD) later this week. I asked about the cost of a heated steering wheel upgrade in it and was told $498 (installation included). Is it worth it to make that single upgrade to the EX-L and a fair price?

I got my first car ever last month with a heated steering wheel included in the trim (2022 CR-V Hybrid EX-L) and have been really liking it the past week as it's gotten colder in Chicago area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That price seems very reasonable, especially because just the steering wheel is anywhere from $287 to $492. My Elite is my first vehicle with a heated steering wheel and it very nice here in the northeast winters.
Yeah, I'm inherently cheap and after 32 years of driving, I'm just like get $20 gloves to stay warm. But that heated wheel is sooooo nice!

I looked at Elite, and while it has some nice add-ons, for me, the extra $6K isn't necessary. But $500 for the heated wheel, I think that may be :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,724 Posts
I never thought I’d need a heated steering wheel or heated seats. But when I auto start a few minutes before leaving in the mornings, it brings me joy. And it’s only been in the low 40’s overnight so far! 🥶

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,304 Posts
A bit cheaper:

Reactions: stuman74

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring MSM
19 Posts
They charged me $700 😅
Either way, I decided on a heated steering wheel upgrade for my Touring. I have poor circulation and live in a cold and snowy part of NY. So far I've used that heated wheel almost every day it's been below 45°F. One of the best upgrades to a car I've owned.
When they installed this wheel it's not perfectly straight. The car drives true but the wheel itself is slightly to the left when driving. They claim it has to do with how the mechanisms line up with the non factory wheel. So keep that in mind. It bothered me for a while but now I'm use to it.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
38 Posts
When they installed this wheel it's not perfectly straight. The car drives true but the wheel itself is slightly to the left when driving. They claim it has to do with how the mechanisms line up with the non factory wheel. So keep that in mind. It bothered me for a while but now I'm use to it.
The steering wheel angle can be correct with a simple toe adjustment during a normal wheel alignment.
After all, it IS a factory (OEM) wheel, and "they" chose making an excuse vs a little extra effort.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring MSM
19 Posts
The steering wheel angle can be correct with a simple toe adjustment during a normal wheel alignment.
After all, it IS a factory (OEM) wheel, and "they" chose making an excuse vs a little extra effort.
I've been thinking of taking it in to have it checked. My nearest dealer is 40 miles away, and if it's not an oil change they only work on vehicles during the week M-F. And they threw a fit when they saw I put 18s on it. Very picky and unwelcoming to say the least. Trying to void the warranty with everything they've got.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to be buying another Passport (2021 EX-L AWD) later this week. I asked about the cost of a heated steering wheel upgrade in it and was told $498 (installation included). Is it worth it to make that single upgrade to the EX-L and a fair price?

I got my first car ever last month with a heated steering wheel included in the trim (2022 CR-V Hybrid EX-L) and have been really liking it the past week as it's gotten colder in Chicago area.

Thanks!
Yes!!!! Mine is a 2021 PP Touring. Got the heated wheel added... didn't want to pay the extra for the Elite. Heated wheel a must for me. (y)

·
Registered
48 Posts

Thanks!
Got my PP Elite as a demo. I was not looking for that feature. However, now it has become my favorite. Use it all winter long.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
27 Posts

Thanks!
Like a couple others said, I didn't think it was something I would get but my 2019 PP Elite had it and it's the best thing ever! Gets pretty cold here in WI in the winter and warming up the vehicle in the morning is a must! I don't think I'd ever get another vehicle without one.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
I think it's worth every penny! I have a 2021 Elite and it is a great feature in my book!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All right, my arm was twisted. Added the heated steering wheel to the vehicle order. I hope to get the Passport by next Mon/Tue. (y)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've had both the heated steering wheel and heated seats in my last 8 vehicles and I've never felt the need to use them and I live in Denver. Leather absorbs body heat quickly . I see they now have heated driver and passenger armrests and heated center console armrest. What will they heat next? I think we've become a society of wussie's:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had both the heated steering wheel and heated seats in my last 8 vehicles and I've never felt the need to use them and I live in Denver. Leather absorbs body heat quickly . I see they now have heated driver and passenger armrests and heated center console armrest. What will they heat next? I think we've become a society of wussie's:)
To each their own. I think comfort makes sense and my personal view is it is weaker not to choose it :p. On a truly cold day in the mountains or the plains, heated seats feel great all day, as do a heated wheel. For doing field work with in and out, those heat a person much faster than waiting for air and body heat to spread out and can make all the difference in feeling cold and tired or comfy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts