Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recall seeing a setting on the PP Elite for having the heated steering wheel turn on when remote starting but it seems to have done so the last couple of days (now that it's cooler). The indicator light is not illuminated and it seems like the heat is just active for the first couple of minutes (unless I press the button). It's an interesting feature but would be nicer if there were more options for the driver to enable/disable plus while the heated seat indicator is lit not sure why the heated steering wheel light is not.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I find that the steering wheel heats up so quickly, that there's no need to preheat it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I purchased mine I was told in cold weather or hot weather the car would pre heat or cool, depending on what is needed, to 22 degrees celcius (sorry, Candian). Now that our climate is near freezing , when i go out in the morning, the steering wheel has warmed up, the heated seats in the front are on, the defrost setting is set at high fan, and the heated windshield/wiper blade heating (?) light is on. When I press start, the fan speed goes down to the preset level and the heating steering wheel goes off. I need to hit the button to put it back on. The driver and passenger seats stay set at full heat setting even once the car is started. It is VERY well done for a cold climate. I will love it when it is -40 degrees F/C outside.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't recall seeing a setting on the PP Elite for having the heated steering wheel turn on when remote starting but it seems to have done so the last couple of days (now that it's cooler). The indicator light is not illuminated and it seems like the heat is just active for the first couple of minutes (unless I press the button). It's an interesting feature but would be nicer if there were more options for the driver to enable/disable plus while the heated seat indicator is lit not sure why the heated steering wheel light is not.

View attachment 4005
I have never had this occur

1 - 6 of 6 Posts