Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to figure out when the heated seats turn themselves on or not. I know it's outside temp related but Ssometimes the front driver and passenger automatically come on when you start the vehicle and other times it's just the driver seat???? Anyone figure the reasoning? Also, seems weird that with remote start at -30 below the heated seats don't come on????

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hmmm .. not sure of the details as to why but noticed they’d come on when remote starting. Just figured it was due to being cold. Not sure about the sometimes passenger seat sometimes not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When your heated seats come on with remote start only are the lights on the buttons showing red? Or do they only come on once you push the start button?

·
Registered
241 Posts
On our CRV the lights for the heated seats do not come on. Only when you push the start button again to begin driving. The systems then reset to where they were when you turned off the vehicle previously.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Scooter1! It does seem that 1st thing in the morning both seats come on when starting and then say at noon it's only the driver when I shut the passenger one off. Wish it was weight activated or something - I won't always remember to turn passenger seat off as I rarely have a passenger. Oh well!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yea, no lights until I push the start button. And then it’s both seats on high. Tried to see if passenger went off once started driving and it realized no one was sitting there but it just stayed on.

Apparently if they’re on from remote starting then they’ll eventually turn themselves off if you don’t though.

·
982 Posts
Thanks Scooter1! It does seem that 1st thing in the morning both seats come on when starting and then say at noon it's only the driver when I shut the passenger one off. Wish it was weight activated or something - I won't always remember to turn passenger seat off as I rarely have a passenger. Oh well!
Or just throw your lunch over there to keep it warm...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, no lights until I push the start button. And then it’s both seats on high. Tried to see if passenger went off once started driving and it realized no one was sitting there but it just stayed on.

Apparently if they’re on from remote starting then they’ll eventually turn themselves off if you don’t though.
Thanks for checking it out on your end! At least now I know that’s normal. I appreciate these forums for years I was on the Pilot one. It’s nice to get advice and info from those that drive the vehicles!:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
So didn't want to start another thread so searched for "seat" so here it goes. I know the rear seats fold flat.
Does front passenger fold flat (or good enough) for lugging around 2x4's or such? thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
So didn't want to start another thread so searched for "seat" so here it goes. I know the rear seats fold flat.
Does front passenger fold flat (or good enough) for lugging around 2x4's or such? thanks
Here is a photo I took my first visit to the dealer of the front seats reclined back as far as they go. I didn't try to see how far forward they go but I would guess its no more than 30 degrees or so ...

1551926579518.png

·
Registered
193 Posts
Whether it goes with low, medium or high heat in the seats is apparently also based on environmental conditions as this afternoon it was only on the low setting after pushing start due to it being a little warmer than my earlier post.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts