Registered
383 Posts
Yes mine does.

Reactions: Jermboy777

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m just curious as to why they wouldn’t default back to off like my civic does. Not a big deal just kinda annoying.. like another poster mentioned elsewhere “first world problems.” Lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think the memory holds based off your seat memory setting. I feel my A/C butt cooler is always on level 1 which is how i saved it. At least thats what it seems like ......

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you use the remote start it also depends on outside temps since on cooler mornings (sub-50 F, I think) they come on automatically (as does the heated steering wheel) and on warmer days the seat cooling automatically comes on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you use the remote start it also depends on outside temps since on cooler mornings (sub-50 F, I think) they come on automatically (as does the heated steering wheel) and on warmer days the seat cooling automatically comes on.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was just curious if EVERYONES stayed on every time the vehicle is restarted or if ours was programmed wrong. I’m just used to them defaulting to off regardless if I just used them or not. I’m not even sure if the back seat ones turn off or stay on, I know the passenger seat stays on too. Just seems stupid for it to stay on especially if no one is even in the seat. That’s why I was curious if ours was wired or programmed wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Mine DID. Only used it twice when I bought it mid April.
Will have to check next time I go out, now that it’s winter here...

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
Ken - this is our current weather.

I just turned on my furnace last night. My apartment is 60* without the heater on, it has terrible insulation, windows that leak the cold drafty air, and it’s 515 square feet of cold ceramic tile. I am sitting hear wearing a beanie hat, my Patagonia better sweater, PJ Pants, Wool socks and PJ Pants! ? I AM an absolute cold and hot weather pansie! ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
depends on temp outside

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ken - this is our current weather.

I just turned on my furnace last night. My apartment is 60* without the heater on, it has terrible insulation, windows that leak the cold drafty air, and it’s 515 square feet of cold ceramic tile. I am sitting hear wearing a beanie hat, my Patagonia better sweater, PJ Pants, Wool socks and PJ Pants! ? I AM an absolute cold and hot weather pansie! ?

View attachment 4460
Wow, your living situation is pretty tough. Are there still plans to move north as you occasionally mention? If so, I hope you do find better accommodations and a bigger garage for your PP.

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
Ken - It’s not the worst place to live...Sadly, this is very typical for So Cal beach living. Extremely expensive and small, along with a building the owners do not usually maintain. My neighbor has had a roof leak three times over the last few years and they just keep patching it. She now has buckets and pots and pans in their bedroom waiting for another fix. We have both been dealing with this building and owner for 6 1/2 years! We stay because of our good neighbors and location.

And my travel to Portland, then Newport and Astoria are in my final two places, is booked for 12/31-1/6. It’s the coldest time of the year I can get up there for sure for a while because work picks back up 1/9. If It’s tolerable for me, I will do my best to get up again in February or March for a couple days, depending on work. But a move for a much more affordable and bigger garage for my Passport might not happen until July, November or December, (again because of work). The good news about my crappy apartment and garage is I was literally gone for 9 1/2 months this year and hopefully again next year. So I don’t have to deal with this every day.

- Heather

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ken - It’s not the worst place to live...Sadly, this is very typical for So Cal beach living. Extremely expensive and small, along with a building the owners do not usually maintain. My neighbor has had a roof leak three times over the last few years and they just keep patching it. She now has buckets and pots and pans in their bedroom waiting for another fix. We have both been dealing with this building and owner for 6 1/2 years! We stay because of our good neighbors and location.

And my travel to Portland, then Newport and Astoria are in my final two places, is booked for 12/31-1/6. It’s the coldest time of the year I can get up there for sure for a while because work picks back up 1/9. If It’s tolerable for me, I will do my best to get up again in February or March for a couple days, depending on work. But a move for a much more affordable and bigger garage for my Passport might not happen until July, November or December, (again because of work). The good news about my crappy apartment and garage is I was literally gone for 9 1/2 months this year and hopefully again next year. So I don’t have to deal with this every day.

- Heather
Hello Heather,
Thanks for the domestic details. From some of the photos of your PP, in the background, I can see strange trees, at least for us here in PA (palm trees), sand and much sun and blue sky. The few times I've been to California I marveled and envied your natural beauty and climate, it was two years ago while Sally and I were visiting Yosemite and Sequoia national parks and Death Valley. I hope your plans for better housing come to pass and you won't have to wear your PJ pants and beanie hat indoors. Again, Happy Thanksgiving. Ken

·
Registered
315 Posts
Checked this out today and if they are on when you cut the car off, they will be on when you start it back up. I’ve had quite a few cars with heated seats and this is the first that does that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Checked this out today and if they are on when you cut the car off, they will be on when you start it back up. I’ve had quite a few cars with heated seats and this is the first that does that.
Thanks! Yeah it seems odd to me, because you would think it would default off.. but I was raised being told if I slept with my heating pad on I may burn the house down! ? I’m sure there are plenty of people who prefer them staying on if they had them on previously, you can’t please everyone!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks! Yeah it seems odd to me, because you would think it would default off.. but I was raised being told if I slept with my heating pad on I may burn the house down! ? I’m sure there are plenty of people who prefer them staying on if they had them on previously, you can’t please everyone!
I suppose they would. I’d prefer they go off as I always have this feeling I’m killing the battery. I do use em for about 5 mins into a cold drive but that’s it. I don’t find any heat in the back. Maybe these don’t heat the back or not in the ExL trim. The back is what I like as it’s like a heating pad...can’t believe I’m saying that at my age. O’well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts