Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Passport exl heated seat is coming on by itself, nothing is turned on, it’s summer with the air conditioning on and the seat is heating up. Has this happened to anyone else? Also, I bought this new 2 years and 8 months ago, now has 65k miles and the battery was dead without warning. Replaced it and noticed that auto start/stop when you come to lights or intersection stopped working (thank god) and now random heated seat coming on. Are these all related? Anybody else experiencing this?

·
Registered
2022 Passport Touring
14 Posts
@Saintp, I haven't experienced anything like this, but from our previous Pilot I did experience electrical oddities when the battery was on the way out (at about 6 years, but it didn't have as many demands on the battery as current vehicles). The service agent at my dealer explained that some systems in the Pilot fall back into "safe mode" when the battery has low capacity. It was resolved by replacing the battery.

Given that you have replaced your battery (oem or jobber part?), I would first check that the replacement battery meets all of the specs for your car - although I don't know, I suspect these are quite specific. Could be that the battery isn't quite right, or possibly some part of the electrical system was damaged when the battery was replaced, although that seems less likely.

Whether these are all related, and given that your car is still under warranty, your dealer is the best place to get this sorted out. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2022 Passport Touring
14 Posts
... I wasn’t aware i was still under factory warrant with over 65k miles.
Good point - not familiar with the US warranty.

If the original battery went flat quickly (like overnight), then maybe an intermittent short?
Assume OEM equivalent means non-factory battery - some are good and some aren't. I have never had much success with non-OEM batteries. Maybe others here know of best-in-class replacements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts