Honda Passport Forum banner

Heat Setting non-existent?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gatorgibson 
#1 ·
Hello Passport fam.
I wanted to get some opinions and experiences that you guys have with the heat control in your passports.
I have a new 2022 Trailsport model, with a thousand miles or so.

My heat control seems to only have one setting.. HOT. It blows nice and hot, really roasting me out when on high. But I can turn it down from 86/hi to the low 60’s (in whatever unit measurement they are using. I know it’s not degrees) and it’s still nearly just as hot as it was on high. Not quite as hot, but nearly..

When I get down to a couple units before LO, it starts to cool way down. But only to about 1/4 heat 3/4 cold. Then when it hits LO, it blows with more force and the heat mixing is turned off, blowing colder air (still not completely outside ambient temp though)

So, has anyone else experienced this?
Is it normal?
What was the fix?
(Edit: this is drivers side, I’ll have to check to see if it’s in all three zones or not. I’ll update when I check later today)

See less See more
#3 ·
I notice that when I go above 63 the air seems to be quite warm. I run usually at 61 or 62 with the outside temp being in the 30s or 40s F.

#4 ·
In my Trailsport, I have it set to Auto, and the temps sync’d and set to 69°f with 30-50° outside. Works great. If I start to get a bit warm and the wife is in the passenger seat, I can unsync, and drop mine down to 66° to get a nice cool breeze blowing out of the driver chest vents. Works as expected and desired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.