Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just noticed today that there is condensation in passenger side headlight. i guess its back to the dealer and they dont have loaners so i have to uber back as well lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
I read in the manual that some condensation is normal under certain conditions. So, these can’t be sealed. Sounds like it’s the design.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
left car at dealer, they took me fast. it rained really hard last week and i think thats when seal or whatever let go.
we will see what dealer says.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they said they ordered a headlight that was supposed to be in today. i did not hear from them today and its 715 pm so im guessin tomarrow? i had some carplay issue and they did a factory reset ....doubt thats gonna help we will see .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up car wed . they didnt call me , i inquired and it was ready so i ubered there and they replaced the "head light assembly" and it looks fine. i dont know if thats the whole headlight but it was fixed so im happy lol. i just dont want it to happen again as i was in a big driving rainstorm last week and hope that wasnt the cause.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sounds like a random thing with the headlamp. I don’t know what was going on with your CarPlay but restarting your phone helps a lot of things.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I’ve only had mine a few weeks now but haven’t had any problems with CarPlay so far. I have really only used it for music so far. My ‘18 Si had some issues but restarting my phone or the cars unit itself always fixed it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve only had mine a few weeks now but haven’t had any problems with CarPlay so far. I have really only used it for music so far. My ‘18 Si had some issues but restarting my phone or the cars unit itself always fixed it.
its better w ios 13 but if you are running waze or alot of apps it will just shut down or freeze, audio loss is also common. till there is a tsb, update , acknowledgement frm honda or apple it will be lived w i guess, i keep a usb keyboard in car to reboot as needed although it is much better of late.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hmm. I don’t use waze or even navigation very often. Just text, talk, and music. The other day Pandora wouldn’t load though. My ‘18 Si would show a dark screen when reversing and with Pandora going. In that car you could hold the volume and menu buttons to reset it but it kept occurring. At some point it started working and I think it was after an update. Honda has taken a big hit in reliability surveys the last few years mainly due to the electronics. I haven’t owned anything else with car play so I don’t if other brands have the issues or not. Have you had another make w it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
just noticed today that there is condensation in passenger side headlight. i guess its back to the dealer and they dont have loaners so i have to uber back as well lol
I have the same issue with my '19 Pilot Touring, front passenger headlight assembly getting water inside. I actually noticed it because it seriously refracts the light coming out into a very distracting pattern.

Assuming it's the same as the Passport. Took in to dealer and diagnosed on Oct 22nd, and still waiting on replacement part, was told today that its still about a week out, so hopefully the wait is because they were getting upgraded/new/better parts manufactured.

·
Registered
174 Posts
We've drilled from the bottom of the box a small hole which allows any water inside to drain down. When the headlights are on, sufficient heat is generated which allows the moisture to evaporate.

Have done this on several Hondas without any problem and no more moisture inside light assembly box.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the same issue with my '19 Pilot Touring, front passenger headlight assembly getting water inside. I actually noticed it because it seriously refracts the light coming out into a very distracting pattern.

Assuming it's the same as the Passport. Took in to dealer and diagnosed on Oct 22nd, and still waiting on replacement part, was told today that its still about a week out, so hopefully the wait is because they were getting upgraded/new/better parts manufactured.
yep i notice the chg in light pattern. i reported condensation but it was more then that ....an actual leak. but it was replaced and is aok for now lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts