Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who HATE the shiny black plastic on the Dash, (Front) Doors and around the Transmission Buttons:

I was at the Honda Dealer today and got to see the new Ridgeline up close (I think it was the "Sport"). First off Honda has put the exact-same, dash and infotainement system (as far as I could tell) and the shiny black plastic has been replaced with Silver mini-Carbon Fiber pieces!

So instead of paying $400 to have these pieces wrapped, you could simply order the Ridgeline parts and replace the micro-scatchy black plastic parts!

I would have done this if they had been available a year or so ago, they looked VERY NICE and broke up the all-black look.

Took some pics:

If anyone does more research or makes the change, please let everyone know the details...!

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
80 Posts
Maybe Honda figured out the piano black plastic was a bonehead move and they'll come out with some other colors/options for the 2022 PP? I do agree that the Ridgeline trim pieces look nice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Would it be cheaper to replace all the trim with those instead of having it vinyl wrapped? I had been planning on doing that with matte black film. It will cost me about $400 in SF Bay Area. I suspect with parts and installation (I'd not want to do that) it may be double that cost. I'd love to be surprised and hear it is about the same cost.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,750 Posts
So...complaining about something helps and sometimes it changes things!

Reactions: stevenD and Cilles

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel
6 Posts
Any chance you could point me to the part numbers for these pieces? I'm having a tricky time sifting through Bernardi.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
112 Posts
The Passport Sport trim pieces in silver total about to about $220. The console trim piece is half the price of the Touring/Elite piano black - is that because the cupholder illumincation is in the trim piece? If so then that feature would be lost.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
443 Posts
The Sport and EX-L Passports have no piano black inside either - but its a matte silver finish and I agree this texture looks better.
love my interior!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

·
Banned
513 Posts
Maybe Honda figured out the piano black plastic was a bonehead move and they'll come out with some other colors/options for the 2022 PP? I do agree that the Ridgeline trim pieces look nice.
The vast majority of manufacturers use piano black. A lot of people must like it. It has been used for quite awhile.
I find no big negatives with it. A little moist microfiber on it and it looks great. I think it has become a "you don't like it so I don't like it" thing. People are sheep.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
112 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts