Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I have been looking into buying a Passport, and I have really fallen in love with the Obsidian Blue Pearl color. What I don't love, however, is that the only interior option with that color are the "Gray" Leather seats. They look to me in pictures to be almost white, which I have found tends to get dirty more easily and also just doesn't look as good as the black ones. Can someone with the Gray Leather seats let me know if I'm way off base? Do they get dirty easily and are they easy to clean? I plan on using this car as a daily driver as well as a vehicle to go camping in. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite
42 Posts
I have the obsidian blue elite with those very seats. I have only had it about 6 months and 3000 miles. They are absolutely light gray. I read if you want Blue in the USA those are the seats... I did not look into special ordering, but they do sell them in Canada with black leather so I do not see why not...

If I had a choice I would also have taken the black, but now that I have had these a little while, I have no complaints. They still look like new... and smell like it. They also do not fry your legs after sitting in the sun...

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
105 Posts
Do they get dirty easily and are they easy to clean? I plan on using this car as a daily driver as well as a vehicle to go camping in. Thanks in advance!
I'd advise that you either get seat covers or get accustomed to a regular cleaning routine. My wife has a Toyota Sienna with light gray leather and it gets dirty if you so much as look at it wrong.

The other option would be to swap out the leather for an aftermarket color. 2021HPS had red leather installed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the light gray in our 2018 Ridgeline and the 2019 Passport by choice...I think the black interior along with the black seats is too much...As far as keeping clean, I wipe them down with a damp cloth...Every now and then I use a light detergent cleaner...larryd

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the gray in my 2019 Touring and they are great. They are definitely gray. No problem keeping them clean with only two adults in the family. :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
My previous car 2014 Honda Accord had the light grey leather interior and I also wasn't a fan but that was the only interior available at that time for the vehicle. It did get dirty and required some effort using Lexol leather cleaner. Then again I mostly drove with the windows down in warm weather. Keeping it clean takes more effort but it still keeps its color.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
36 Posts
We always want what we don't have. I had back leather in my previous 4Runner. The black leather was always dirty. I specifically chose gray leather for my passport and I'm pretty happy with my choice. I'd choose it again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I
Hey everyone!

I have been looking into buying a Passport, and I have really fallen in love with the Obsidian Blue Pearl color. What I don't love, however, is that the only interior option with that color are the "Gray" Leather seats. They look to me in pictures to be almost white, which I have found tends to get dirty more easily and also just doesn't look as good as the black ones. Can someone with the Gray Leather seats let me know if I'm way off base? Do they get dirty easily and are they easy to clean? I plan on using this car as a daily driver as well as a vehicle to go camping in. Thanks in advance!
In person the gray leather is of the lighter variety, but i dont think i would consider them white as described from the picture. I would say the gray is like silverish. I wish it was more charcoal and i would have considered it. I think it all depends on the level of maintenance you want to perform. Ive had the gray and black honda leather seats in my lifetime. For my personal preference, i like the black. But after some time, they do look more aged if you dont properly maintain them with a leather conditioner. Its probably cause there is more contrast vs a grey. When i had the grey, it didnt look as aged. Also some people think black leather absorbs more heat than the gray.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
62 Posts
I second what Boogene said. Went from black leather on 2012 Pilot to grey leather on 2020 (Obsidian - good choice) PP. Was concerned about dirt, but after one year ownership & almost 15k miles (including several camping trips), no issues at all - haven't needed to clean yet. But we do only have two adults using the car primarily... The lighter seats stay much cooler - I don't miss having the back of my legs burned off when I would jump into the Pilot with shots on a hot sunny day...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the obsidian blue as well. For me personally, I did not want black leather seats. I feel with the black carpeting, black dash, black door panels and black headliner it would be like sitting in a sea of black. I wanted some contrast to visually break things up. I don't find the grey seats difficult to keep clean. I just occasionally go over them with a leather wipe and they look good. You mentioned that you would go camping though so maybe you might consider seat covers? I had beige leather in my 2017 CRV. I loved the look but talk about a pain in the a$$ to keep clean!

·
Registered
281 Posts
As far as dirty ... they all get dirty at the same rate but with black you just don't see how filthy they are. Lighter colors aren't as hot as black plus with black it is darker inside .....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey everyone!

Seems a common color for all manufacturers. There is a dollar behind it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey everyone!

I have had my 2019 passport silver with grey leather interior. It is a gray and while they can get dirty they are easy to clean. I have over 31000 miles on them and they still look new. I believe that blue would look much sharper witht the gray than the black

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have had my 2019 passport silver with grey leather interior. It is a gray and while they can get dirty they are easy to clean. I have over 31000 miles on them and they still look new. I believe that blue would look much sharper witht the gray than the black
A brown tan interior on a blue PP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone!

I have had cars with light colored leather since about 1987. I clean and condition them 2-3 times per year..
The question I have is why would you be concerned about seeing dirty seats, but not concerned about sitting in dirty seats?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey everyone!

There are going to be as many opinions as people on this. I have a ‘21 with machine gray and gray seats and very happy.

I like the gray because otherwise the all black interior, in my opinion only, looks very monotonous. Not a whole lot of trim that’s any other color to offset it. So to me the gray livens up the entire interior.

And have not had any issues with cleaning. I certainly wouldn’t work on the car & get all greasy then come in and put my hands all over the leather. With black leather the grease would still be there - you just wouldn’t see it.

Lastly, if it were me, I would choose gray with the blue exterior over black interior. I think it will look pretty nice. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone!

I have a Scarlet red Passport and it has grey leather seats. So much cooler than black as I live in Florida where it gets very hot, esp. inside cars.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite 2008 BMW 335i 2002 Honda s2000
11 Posts
Love the grey seats on my 2020 Obsidian Blue Pearl Elite. No issues at 9k miles.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
388 Posts
Another one with Deep Scarlett Pearl with gray interior, 24000 miles in 18 months and seats are still clean as the day I bought it. Now granted it's only 2 adults riding in it. I like the fact that gray seats breaks up a large sea of black interior, plus as stated, their a little cooler to initially sit on during the summer months. I'm even toying with the idea of purchasing the sport gray trim to swap out the piano black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts