Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,453 Posts
That is a great price, as is the 2020 AWD Touring above it for $34.6k....!

yeow!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
44 Posts
Very interesting. But read the fine print. When I first got quoted for my Touring, it was around 33k. But they were adding in grad and military discounts and not including destination which made the price look better.
But I still think I got a pretty good deal. It was also a MD dealer. Definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, invoice on a Touring is 38,800 There's 2k of incentives and approximately 1k for delivery so that's 35,800 and the processing charge so that's like 35,300. Maybe it has a lot of miles or Honda is giving dealers incentives we don't see.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
44 Posts
Not to mention any dealer installed accessories. They tried to add an extra grand for wheel locks, nitrogen in tires and mudguards - which in the end, I got them to take the grand off.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
184 Posts
Ye old smoke and mirror routine. Human fishing lure. Snake oil salesman. Pick your poison.
Do your research, know what you want. Negotiating is a practiced art and one that is disappearing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ye old smoke and mirror routine. Human fishing lure. Snake oil salesman. Pick your poison.
Do your research, know what you want. Negotiating is a practiced art and one that is disappearing.
Yes it would be interesting to get into an actual price negotiation. It is quite a discounted price. Seems there has to be a catch. They would probably say that stock unit is sold and can’t match that price among other things.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
184 Posts
Exactly, they want you in. Their job is to sell units and make money, up-selling, taking trades and speaking with a forked tongue.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
17 Posts
Got an email with Passport pricing. Photo shows new 2020 Elite for $36k and change. From Criswell Honda in Germantown MD. Have not seen one listed that low without negotiation. Has 3 miles on the odometer.
I am a little sick now. Just bought the wife an EX-L I thought I did good at $35,500.00 Sticker was $39,530.00.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you DID do well Cal. I think the ad I posted has to be a bait and switch scenario. Hard to believe a 2020 Elite with 3 miles on the odometer would be close to 10k under msrp.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
17 Posts
We won't know till December but I doubt their will be any EX-L in Modern Steel around. My area had only two from 9 different dealers in two states PA and Ohio. A lot of Red and Blue's which I am partial to Blue but not with the Grey seats against a black interior; just doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
17 Posts
Got an email with Passport pricing. Photo shows new 2020 Elite for $36k and change. From Criswell Honda in Germantown MD. Have not seen one listed that low without negotiation. Has 3 miles on the odometer.
That would be awesome, but now I'm a bit suspicious of Criswell. I actually used to have my Accord serviced at Criswell until about 6 months ago. I Ieft because seeming each time prices were ALWAYS increasing. That's where I test drove the PP about 1 year ago. Met a cool salesperson and held onto his business card for when I was ready to buy. I think he's no longer there since he didn't reply to my email. I also reached out to the sales general email and they were quite flaky. I tried two others nearby. One (Herson's) didn't have a PP Elite in MSM and the next one (Ourisman) did have it. We traded just 3-4 emails and had a deal at $39,006

1 - 14 of 14 Posts