Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the beach so there is plenty of salt air. Just bought Passport two weeks ago and would like to get it detailed at car wash. Not allowed mobile car wash on condo grounds. I've always gone to a car wash where I went through with my cars in neutral, then the detail person took over.

Any recommendations as to what I should get done on my new car? Thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
If you want my advice, NEVER run you car through an automatic car wash. It's a sure way to get micro scratches and swirls in the finish. Unfortunately it appears you can not wash your own car at your condo. Next best option would be to have a real detail shop hand wash it. Where I live most detail shops charge $20 for a hand wash.
I just had my black Passport washed and waxed at a local detail shop. I've always waxed my own vehicles but mine had some waterspots from sitting on the dealer lot, so I sought professional help and I'm glad I did. They did an amazing job. The best time to get your car waxed is when it's new.
Here are a couple of photos. Sky reflecting on the hood, and full vehicle.

Attachments

Reactions: KimB

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,825 Posts
I put this in another thread but don't mind repeating it here:

I did a number of internet searches for topics like: "Best Car Wax" and quite a few of them had the Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant listed as the winner, so I went and watched a number of YouTube vids on it and then went to Amazon and read some reviews there and ended up buying a bottle, may try to use it this weekend.

It is supposed to last a LONG time and being near the beach, you want a SEALANT over a WAX, as it will protect better and last longer...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'm a 63-year old woman with ALS so my days of washing and waxing cars are done. I'll see if I can find someone in my condo or near me that does detailing. I can buy the products and see if whoever I find can use them.

Thanks again for the product recommendations.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I put this in another thread but don't mind repeating it here:
...you want a SEALANT over a WAX, as it will protect better and last longer...
I meant to say in my previous post, the detail shop used a sealant rather than a wax. Too often those terms are interchanged. Agreed, a sealant is much better than a traditional wax for longevity.

Reactions: KimB

·
Registered
276 Posts
Got the PP back from having XPEL protection installed. Highway package included all forward facing painted or piano black surfaces and 24" on the hood. Also headlights, turn signals, fog lights and door handle cups. It looks great! Highly recommend Patriot Auto Detail for those in the DC/NoVA area! $1200 cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts