Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my low tire pressure light came on at the stoplight. It read 24 psi... 23 psi... 22 psi... Long story short I picked up a nail or screw that came out and I started getting a "fast leak". I pulled over and changed to the spare tire.

What came next was very interesting. After changing to the spare tire, my dash screen lit up like a Christmas tree with errors (see pics below). It would NOT let me access any other screen other than showing the 3 rotating screens below.

I picked up the car from the Dealership at lunch today with my tire patched BUT when i started the car to leave the same error messages were still active. I walked back into the service bay, they drove my car around the dealership block and they told me that driving around the block reset it back to normal.

So. Long story short, IF you get a flat tire, the computer doohicky does NOT like the dinky spare tire and even if you fix it will still throw a hissy fit for a little while... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think manual mentioned that, those 2 options have to be turned off when driving on the spare donut tire

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have experienced that it takes getting up to about 30 or so mph to have the TPMS and such reset. Good info though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts